How To: Inexpensive ($10 US) WiFi RGB Bulb that works with Home Assistant

@stelgenhof testing and working on one bulb, another 9 to go :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Hmmm, they look indeed similar. Hard to tell from the product description.

Just to let you know that firmwares like AiLight and Espurna support only the MY9291 LED driver. If this light bulb has this driver then pretty sure it will work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why donā€™t we create a list with ā€œcompatibleā€ light bulbs. Like the Name / Description, link to online store and some more details (if available).

This way we can add new bulbs if someone else finds new / compatible bulbs?

3 Likes

Good idea, Iā€™ll add links to the two Iā€™ve ordered from later.

Great idea! Iā€™ll share mine as well.

Where would you like to create/maintain this list?

Ordered one of these yesterday. Will report the chip used as soon as it arrives

1 Like

Thanks that would be very helpful. Tried to look up further info to report myself before pulling the trigger but I couldnā€™t find anything

Already went ahead and created a Wiki page on AiLightā€™s Github showing a list of compatible light bulbs: https://github.com/stelgenhof/AiLight/wiki/Compatible-Light-Bulbs

Not sure if this is the right place, however I thought it would be good to have this list for AiLight anyway :slight_smile:

If you have light bulbs that are compatible, I would appreciate it if you add it to the table on this page. In case you canā€™t edit/access, just let me know.

Cheers! Sacha

1 Like

I see in your latest release you now support a 4th channel. how do you specify that in the MQTT? as the documentation still only shows #RRGGBB do I just add it to the end like #RRGGBBWW?

If you are talking about the AiLight firmware, setting the 4th channel has always been possible :slight_smile:

In your MQTT message, set the ā€œwhite_valueā€ parameter to a value something between 0 - 255. (Just realized that there is no documentation for this on the Wiki :frowning: Will add that as soon as possible).

Hi @stelgenhof

I tried to edit the Wiki Compatible Bulbs page but donā€™t have permission, can you add these two? Thanks :slight_smile:

1:

Brand
Unknown

Make
SM-R60

Power
5W

Link
https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-Wifi-LED-Bulb-E27-5W-AC110-240V-lampada-LED-Dimmable-Bulb-Lamp-Remote-Control-Led/32740055347.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Gvb3ja

2:

Brand
Unknown

Make
Unknown

Power
7W

Link
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=534938034266&toSite=main

Comments
Delivery can be difficult to arrange if you're outside China, ended up talking directly to someone from the store via whats app on +86 150 8828 2882 - NOTE: Out of the 15 I ordered, two arrived broken, I have been promised replacements but haven't seen them yet.

Keeping my eye out for a GU10 version, canā€™t be difficult to cram everything into a GU10 bulb but would really love some for my kitchen! If anyone spots any WIFI GU10ā€™s using the MY9291 LED driver let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added them to the Wiki page :slight_smile:

1 Like

You might want to add to the Wiki that the following bulb does not appear to work:

Brand: LOHAS
Part #: LH-WIFI Color Bulb-9W-E26
Wattage: 9
Uses MY9231

Thanks! Iā€™ve added a section for all bulbs that do not work.

1 Like

The two replacement bulbs arrived today so you can update the comments. :slight_smile: thanks!

Anyone tried the Sonoff B1 bulb already?

Can be found on Aliexpress for less than 13 EU and also seems to be ESP-based, only with a different layout

Page updated. Done!

From the photo on that thread, I was wondering how the LEDā€™s are being drivenā€¦ Couldnā€™t see any LED Driver chip.

I opened a ticket with Itead - we will see how fast they answer and if they tell me (us) which driver is usedā€¦

2 Likes

So bad newsā€¦ looks like two of my bulbs (https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=534938034266&toSite=main) have died today.

Started flickering a now doesnā€™t come on or connect to wifi when powered up. Starting to regret ordering from these guys now.

Going to try taking the bulb out and re-flashing when I get a moment.

Cheers