How to reduce 'load' when loading dashboards/views?

So I’ve got a flew dashboards and a few displays, and are seeing multiple smaller devices where dashboards load slowly/incomplete - or not at all.

So just wondering - in general - how to minimize the load for devices to show a dashboard?

Some background:

• Testing on yaml-dashboards it seems like all views in current dashboard are ‘loading’ when refreshing a view (since a broken card in other view in same dashboard will produce error when refreshing the not-broken-view, but breaking a card in a view not in that particular dashboard have no effect.

• But when loading on devices (like my nest hub), it seems to be just as slow when loading a small dasbhoard as a big one with multiple views??

The symptoms I see are:

• custom:swipe-card is not always loading on my mobile device (it is just not showing up until i refresh the dashboard)
  • nest-hub (catt) not showing all cards - but was “big dashboard” with apex and lots of room-cards with multiple chips - reduced number of graphs and the swipe-card, and it has been good for a while.
  • lots of chatter on forums around small/old dashboards not loading correctly, (good reason to renew hardware - ofcousre, but would like to know how stuff works

brg ArveVM

• I guess all the frontened-resources is always loaded - so there is obviously one hog.

• In this post Home Assistant | Now it's getting big the OP is seeing ‘rendering blinks’ when rendering new dashboard (within his hjuuuuuge lovelace-config!). So is this an indication that a dashboard is fully “loaded” with all views at first click, and if you navigate to other dashboard that will load all data/cards in it at first glance (giving him his rendering blinks?

1 Like

I see you got no love on this post, but I too want dashboards to load faster. No matter the hardware I use, some as slower to load. Makes my wall panel seem less glamorous if cards are slow to load. I would like them to be “pre-loaded” in the background and ready to go when I click over to the different dashboard pages.

Not my intention to complain, but rather understand the premises we have to comply to in order to understand how resources/dashboards/views/cards are loaded, and how to adapt dashboard/view/cards to ‘low performance devices’ :woozy_face:

My guess is to separate into multiple dashboards with few views and button-navigate between the views will have quicker load/refresh of each view, but a bit loading time when switching views??
But would love to get some grownup’s input on the matter☺️

1 Like