How to resolve config errors after DuckDNS

Hi there,

Today I installed DuckDNS. In first instance it was a success. Later on I read in the community (Lets Encrypt - Problem connecting to server (get for https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory; curl returned with 6)) that this was an existing problem and eventually I decided to uninstall DuckDNS and roll back a previous version because I kept receiving errors. I even deleted the DuckDNS domain to make sure no DNS reference existed at all anymore. But somehow errors still appear. This is what I see in the logs when I started the add-on ‘Check Home Assistant configuration’:

starting version 3.2.8
[22:06:07] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[22:06:07] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest...
[22:06:07] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a4d8b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /simple/homeassistant/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a4d0b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /simple/homeassistant/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a4d730>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /simple/homeassistant/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a4d5b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /simple/homeassistant/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a4d3f0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /simple/homeassistant/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a4d710>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /alpine-3.10/armv7/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a4d530>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /alpine-3.10/armv7/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a285b0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /alpine-3.10/armv7/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a287d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /alpine-3.10/armv7/
  WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x75a28b30>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /alpine-3.10/armv7/
  ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement homeassistant (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for homeassistant
[22:07:34] ERROR: An error occurred while installing Home Assistant:
Looking in links: https://wheels.home-assistant.io/alpine-3.10/armv7/
Collecting homeassistant

And when reviewing the system log, this is a recurring pattern:

20-03-29 20:09:30 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with CoreDNS plugin!
20-03-29 20:09:30 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.tasks] CoreDNS plugin is in fails state / Reset config
20-03-29 20:09:30 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.dns] Start CoreDNS plugin
20-03-29 20:09:30 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [supervisor.docker.interface] Clean hassio_dns application
20-03-29 20:09:32 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [supervisor.docker.dns] Start DNS homeassistant/armv7-hassio-dns with version 1 - 172.30.32.3

Could you please help?

Kind regards,
Hans

Hello !
I was encountering the same issue.
I have really no idea if that is the way to solve it, but I have issued the command :

ha dns update

And/or

ha dns restart

Using the “Terminal & SSH” addon. After restarting the Home Assistant instance, it seemed to be working again.

I still have some error messages like :

</s> <s>ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Client error on WebSocket API Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.1:8123 ssl:False [Connection refused].</s> <s>2</s> <s>

But now, my instance is properly accessing the Internet as well as the “network” (Zigbee2mqtt devices wouldn’t be controllable).

Hope that helps !

2 Likes

Thanks @frankynov - this helped me a lot. I was having a problem with CoreDNS after moving a VM from one host to another. ha dns update seems to have resolved that problem.

1 Like

Brilliant frankynov, this flushing of the dns cache has resolved the issue, many thanks!!

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem. How did you solve? I have hassio on rasp