Supervisor Won't Start

I’ve just installed Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi in a venv. I noticed that Supervisor isn’t showing up in the interface. How can I fix that?

1 Like

Same here. Followed instructions to the T.

Comment Removed.

1 Like

Thanks… This wasn’t clear to me (new user) from the website!

If I have installed Hassio in a RPI3+ and receives the following error:
Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.

I do not use docker, I simply took the image, used Balenaetcher and burned the image to the SD-card and updated Hassio and now I receive this error message. Im afraid that if I reboot my raspberry pi , it wont boot up in the GUI anymore. Any solution?

I do have SSH Access and GUI access from browser.

1 Like

Did this just happen again? I’m getting the same entrypoint.js error. However, supervisor appears to be running.

Just as a fyi. The afore mentioned link is now down (got a error 404). The new command should now be:

curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/master/installer.sh | bash -s

(as mentioned at the github supervised installer page
It worked for me. (I’m at Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS)

After this I had multiple errors showing that HA was unable to update stuff. This had to do with the dns needed updating. For this I followed these instructions.

2 Likes

I gotta say, I’m about 6 weeks in with this and every single aspect of it has been a struggle. I have close to 30 years of experience in IT, both professionally and as a hobby/passion/bad habit. So it’s not like this is my first time around the block. After getting hit with this problem tonight, I’m ready to throw in the towel. I have no SSH access, no supervisor, a headless RPi4, and a family that doesn’t permit that time it’s going to take tomorrow to clown around with this. Considering this issue was first brought up a month ago, one would think that an ounce of caution would be in order.

2 Likes

Happening on an rpi4 running raspbian lite (so using docker) and still producing same errors even after update.

Well I certainly found one major incentive for the nabu cloud subscription - I could get into supervisor through a remote session, create a full snapshot, turn on SSH. The missing ingredient was how to fix the issue on an Alpine Linux platform. Never did figure that out. Instead I imaged the 64GB eMMC of an ODROID N2. For the life of me, I wasn’t able to locate any documentation re the access to a USB drive. So I just copied the snapshot file to the N2 via samba share and restored from there. Finally, I had something to be impressed with here. After the restore finished I powered down both the N2 and the RPi4, moved my Zooz Z-wave adapter from the RPi4 to the N2, powered up the N2 and I was nearly 100%back in action. I had to reassociate Ecobee, but everything else, including Hue and Nabu cloud thing, didn’t miss a beat. Now I’m just keeping my fingers crossed this doesn’t happen again.

Any ideas to fix or workaround this issue on Hassos? Thanks

This didn’t work for me :frowning:

I’m going to have to start from scratch…

1 Like

Agreed! This is a PIA. Almost 2 years into trying to automate the home and it’s like have a drug addict in your house. Every day is a new adventure! Unreliable devices, software and what not. I spend more time googling fixes than building out advanced automations. Now this! Because some dumb ass whats to force a f’ing update out to our hardware. Same crap that is causing me to find a migration path AWAY from Microsoft.

Listen, I get this is an open source, freeware product. It’s no knock on the complexity of building a system like this, with all the different variable and people involved. It really is a massive undertaking. Add in my honest opinion, at this stage of the technology game, it shouldn’t be necessary. Look how close IFTTT came to presenting an easy to use, non-techy, platform to integrate devices. Although it was basic, simple and lacking, it was really really close to delivering a product advanced users could sink their teeth into. But that turned to crap, and Tuya pulled out and the rest is history.

Since migrating to HA, I have issues with LED strips not waiting to turn off. They ignore the ‘off’ command, even with me sending it 6 times in a row with a 10 second delay. All other commands work fine. The off works perfectly from the native app. Go figure!

I have issues with Kasa bulbs not changing the colors assigned from within a scene or an automation. Tried all the variations of how to send the colors. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn’t. Bulbs will turn on and be in the state they were when turned off. Again, why are certain commands ignored? Why can’t HA check the status of a device to see if the command was applied? And if not, bang on the freaking door until the device applies the settings.

I’ve had issues with the conbee dongle forgetting all of it’s devices. Why? After googling, many seem to report the same problem. Conbee ghosts out and doesn’t appear to respond to end users requests for assistant.

I have issues with door sensors becoming utterly retarded and no longer being reliable. Native app finds them again, adds them again and all works well for like 10 minutes and then the device stops communicating again. Is it cheap hardware? Probably… So why can’t we get decent door/window sensors at this stage of the game?

All of these items, all from various manufacturers, all with independent apps… And as we all know, a techy nightmare when something fails. Maybe HA gets blamed because it’s the foundation all this crap sits on now. Maybe it is at fault. Who knows…

But it really sucks the life out of you when you want to build and you spend your time fixing. It really freaking sucks!

I don’t know - and we may never know - but I hear you! Many times I wanted to hurl all this crap into the bin and go back to lighting candles…

1 Like

I’m not sure why you withdrew the post, but I’m having similar issues. How did you fix it? systemd is not starting hassio-supervisor, but I can start it manually.

Please run update docker, looks like fixed in new version.

I had the same problem after updating my supervisor.

My solution:

Stop supervisor and apparmor services:

systemctl stop hassio-supervisor.service
systemctl stop hassio-apparmor.service

Then delete the hassio_supervisor docker container. I used portainor for this, which provides a nice user interface.

After deleting the hassio_supervisor container I ran the already above mentioned curl script:

curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/master/installer.sh | bash -s

Cheers

1 Like

My system broke after updating to 2021.10. this worked for me as well.

Could someone please tell the the docker command I can type at the VirtualBox console to delete the hassio_supervisor container (instead of installing Portainer)?

EDIT: I was able to type the below command at the VirtualBox console to get the docker container ID for hassio_supervisor:

docker container list -a
hassio_supervisor    47ee9035baa8 ghcr.io/home-assistant/am64-hassio-observer.......

With my very limited knowledge, I was able to piece together from different forum posts the below sequence of commands. I would appreciate it if someone could please tell the the correct way to do this.

systemctl stop hassio-supervisor.service
systemctl stop hassio-apparmor.service
docker container rm 47ee9035baa8
1 Like

Hello I have the same problem. I think supervisor updated 2 days ago and now its broken, cant start the container. I am on Home Assistant Core 2022.6.7, dont know which supervisor version. Can anybody tell me how to fix it? thank you so much!! i am scared

I had created this thread before I found the current one: Lost connection to supervisor container - supervisor keeps crashing

I think the link in the last command has changed as I was getting a 404 error. I didn’t do anything more with it and checked back an hour later and supervisor was running.
Thanks for the help.