How to set up Switchbot curtain 3 with local BLE?

I’m trying to set up my new Switchbot curtain bots with my HomeAssistant running on HAOS on a RPi 4.

I just added the Switchbot BLE integration, pushed the pairing button on my Switchbot curtain 3 device and it showed up in Home Assistant. There’s 4 entities (Curtain, Light sensor, Battery level sensor and Calibration).

The thing is, I have no idea what to do next to get it working. Despite searching I haven’t found any up to date tutorials. Everything in the forum threads and tutorials is about what to put in your YAML, which already seems to be set up automatically for me.

So, now I’m wondering… how do I use this? How do I tell the curtain what position is “open” and what is “closed”? I have a two sided curtain and have no idea how to set it up so the two curtain bots open and close together.

In short, can anyone explain or point me to how I can configure my Switchbot curtains (already in configuration.yaml) so I can start using them? Is it something to do with the “calibration” entity?

Thanks!

#Switchbot #Curtain3 #Calibration Configuration

The setup and and calibration is all done using the SwitchBot app. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to open and close the curtains using the cover entity, and probably even set position, from Home Assistant through the bluetooth integration.

1 Like