How to show Battery Level of Fibaro Devices connected to Fibaro HC2?

Integration of Fibaro Devices connected to HC2 into HA works very good. One reason why I moved from OH2 to HA. Now I want to display the battery level of all wireless Fibaro devices as I am doing this for the Homematic window sensors. For them exist separate entities I can display. But what have I got to do, to show battery level of my Fibaro smoke, water and motion detectors?

Thanks!

Do you got the battery level as a attributes in your states? You could do some templating to show them as a sensor in your HA

What I see in settings e.g. for the motion detector:
battery_level: 51
device_armed: true
fibaro_id: 42
friendly_name: Flur 41.0
icon: mdi:run
device_class: motion
What do you mean with ā€˜templatingā€™?

My code for the battery level subtracted from the attribute is as followed.

- platform: template
    sensors:  
      battery_level_door_sensor_525:
        friendly_name: 'Batterij Level Sensor Deur Voor'
        value_template: '{{ states.binary_sensor.door_window_sensor_158d0003456525.attributes.battery_level }}'
        unit_of_measurement: '%'    

You could do the same just simply use your entity id which could be

sensors:  
      battery_level_door_sensor_525: #just an entity id you can define for your battery
        friendly_name: 'Batterij Level Sensor Deur Voor'
        value_template: '{{ states.<your entity ID>.attributes.battery_level }}'

I donā€™t know if this makes any sense to you but you could get it working like this

So it could look like this:

sensors:  
      battery_arbeitszimmer_60_0_1_63: 
        friendly_name: 'Batterie Rauchmelder Arbeitszimmer'
        value_template: '{{ states.binary_sensor.arbeitszimmer_60_0_1_63.attributes.battery_level }}'
        unit_of_measurement: '%'``

But where have I got to put this? In the configurations.yaml or in the Template editor?

Yes that should work. You need to put this in your configuration.yaml under ā€œsensorsā€. Check your config and then restart HA. You can then put it in your Lovelace as a normal entity id.

be careful with your quotation marks in your code

Wrong

unit_of_measurement: '%'``

Correct

1 Like

Excelent! It is working and I am adding now all the missing entities (Power Consumption of all of my Wall-Plugs, battery level of the smoke and flood sensors,ā€¦)
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

So Iā€™m a bit confused. If Fibaro devices are z-wave, then why canā€™t a use them in HA without HC2?

Specifically, Iā€™m liking the Fibrao water sensor. Wonā€™t it work with just HA?

Thanks,
Ambi

Hi, yes, Fibaro devices do work just alone with HA, if you use a Z-Wave stick (which I have)
But all my z-wave devices are connected to the HC2 so I have integrated this into HA as I have done this with my Homematic devices as well.
I have set up some rules in the HC2 that are working fine. So far no need to disonnect all the devices (10 smoke sensors, 3 water sensors 10 wall plugs, 1 motion eye) and reconnect/set them up and build all the rules and logic.

1 Like

Thatā€™s good, thanks! I can get a water sensor and let the group know how it works with HA directly.

Cheers,
Ambi

1 Like

Hi,

I ended up using a Fibaro implant and made a custom case out of an IP6 enclosure, got a old power supply and ordered a handful of temp sensors.

It works like a champ!

The only issue is the device is discovered by Z-Wave as ā€œFIBARO System Unknown: type=0502, id=2000ā€. This is because the default ZWave build (Iā€™m using Nortek HUSBZB-1, BTW) doesnā€™t have new entity names that are in OpenZwave.

But it does what I need. The Implant also has sensors for voltage and temp within the card itself, and can use a number of sensors so if you wanted outside temp and pond temp for example, youā€™d just need a second temp sensor.

There are 6 DS18B20 temp sensors, 2- and 3-wire analog sensors, and binary sensors. So I use this as temp sensor but you could get water level by strategic placement of binary sensors and a float or just low resistance of a binary sensor line.

In fact, I use it for low water indication because my pond and outside air are always different. But when the temps are the same for pond and outsideā€¦especially when theyā€™re below freezing, I infer the water level is low! And of course send an alert notification to HA.

Oddly, the internal temp seems to be 14 or so degrees F higher than the real ambient temp!

Regards,

Ambidexter