How to update your HA version on a QNAP NAS

Give yourself permissions. I would create a folder under for example System, call it container, then create a home-assistant folder under that. Then you copy the contents from the folder you found to the folder you created. Then, when you are making the new container you link the folder by specifying /share/container/home-assistant:/config in the docker compose.

Thank you for your patience with me.
You helped me a lot.

I’ll come back when I will try the update.

1 Like

A quick how-to guide to deploy it in Container Station using docker-compose:

Create a folder where you store your HA data, in this example it assumes that you have a folder created here: System/container/home-assistant This is very important to keep your config stored regardless of updates. Also make sure you take a backup of this folder regularly.

In Container station, check that you do not have any Home Assistant images stored.

In Container station, click Applications and then Create

Name your application and fill out the following code, be aware that the share paths are case sensitive:

version: '3'
services:
  homeassistant:
    container_name: homeassistant
    image: "ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable"
    volumes:
      - /share/container/home-assistant:/config
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    restart: unless-stopped
    privileged: true
    network_mode: host

Click create. In a short while Home Assistant will be available on http://your_nas_ip:8123

When you want to update, stop and delete the home-assistant application, delete the image and repeat the above steps (make sure you copy the code out so it’s easy to paste back in).

Good luck!

1 Like