How to use automation to change temperature on Nest Thermostat?

Hello!
I would like to see if it is possible to use Home Assistant to change the temperature at which my Nest thermostat starts to cool. I live in Florida so I’m not worried about furnaces or anything like that.
I found this other forum post asking something similar, but no one ever replied to it.

I would like to also vary the temperature at which the A/C starts to cool my house based on the forecast/outside temperature for the purposes of maximizing energy savings while still staying somewhat comfortable.

When creating a new automation, there is no option to change the temperature on the thermostat that I can see. I only have the option to change the HVAC mode or the “Preset” from none to Eco.

You can change the temperature from the Dashboard, so I was hoping there was a away to change it from an automation too.

Thanks in advance for all of the helpful replies.

Have you looked at climate.set_temperature?

That’s what I use with my Nest.

Oh!
Thank you for the link. I will check it out and report back!

I get it now!
When configuring the automation, I don’t want to choose “Device” as the action type, but rather, “Call service”!
Then I can pick the “Climate: Set Temperature” service to change the temperature!
Wonderful!

1 Like