Howto: Xiaomi vacuum zoned cleaning

MAC address what i see in app - 7C:49:EB:96:C8:5F

And the other one?

Second MAC 1A:A6:F7:96:C8:5F

This one is indeed not a Xiaomi one 1A:A6:F7:96:C8:5F
Your roborock should never get an IP of that DHCP Mac reservation

Maybe do a firmware update on your router? Or some reset or something

Do you have a wireless extender? Most probably one of the two its a virtual MAC address, or whatever they call them, given by the extender (the first 3 couple of digits).

I had a similar problem, and ended up taking away the extender entirely (replaced by an access point): too much hassle.

If you really canā€™t change your wireless/ethernet settings there are some DHCP servers that assigns same static IP to different MAC address (maybe pi-hole addon?)

EDIT
18:A6:F7 its the tp-link virtual MAC address

2 Likes

Heureka! Thats it! I have TP-Link wifi extender. I will try today, thank you very much!

It is very strange that he only does this with a vacuum cleaner. All other devices seem to be OK. But it is true that the vacuum cleaner is closest to the wifi.

ah , thats why
16 i coulndt find that one :slight_smile:

Because maybe the Vacuum ā€¦ moves ā€¦ and apparently sometimes it connects to WiFi (normal) and sometimes to WiFi extender.

Check if you can blacklist your vacuum to the extender (otr the regular wifi) so it will connect to only one WIFI, hence only one static ip

I pulled the wifi extender out of the socket and it seems to have helped. :slight_smile: I will place a classic WIFI router instead.

Thank you very much

Donā€™t place a second router, just an accesspoint, otherwise you have 2 networksā€¦

In home automation I would avoid WiFi extender entirely.
Your WiFi extender might be used in AP mode, but you will need to connect your wireless router to the AP with an ethernet cable).

Or in alternative move your wireless router in a more central location

Another alternative, in case you are not in the USA, is to use as WiFi regional settings to USA, which increases WiFi signal a lot compared to European settings

I have the exact same problem, did you figure it out?

I have the same problem. If I use th same commands in dev tool it works fine. From a webhook it shows zoned cleanup but indeed makes a full cleanup.

I have it in a script, I just call the script for zone , works fine

Same problem here. Looks like the roborock doesnā€™t know the route to the area. If iā€™m doing the command using the developer console after the cleaning it appears it doesnā€™t know the way back.

Figured it out: use double [[ ]] around the coordinates in scripts.

Thanks for posting these instructions. I just got my Roborock and have begun setting it up. Was able to use Flolevac to easily get coordinates.

One question that I have not seen posedā€¦ is it normal that after configuring the component in HA, the Mi Home app shows the vac as offline. In my case it appears that the vac no longer pairs with Mi Home once integrating with HA. Iā€™m using the US server.

Iā€™m on Europe server and can connect both trough the app as through Hass.

Same here, also on EU server, never had issues

Hmmm. I know changing servers will require me to log out and setup new, and then need to get a new token. Will it require me to re-map as well?