Howto: Xiaomi vacuum zoned cleaning

oh thank you so much for explaining!!

I am having the same problem because Iā€™ve bought the V1 INTERNATIONAL version (that comes with manual in English, EU power cord and default English voices).

With this version its apparently impossible to connect to mainland china and get the new firmware :frowning_face:

If anyone has any idea how to connect to mainland china with a v1 international, iā€™ll be very thankful !

Best regards,

Please try: ā€œWhen set to Mainland China, go to Profile (bottom right) --> Settings --> Check for updates
Firmware updates should also pop up here and you should be able to download them, even when set on Mainland China.ā€

Please report back if this works, so I can update the HowTo.

No updates are found, tried all the servers.
On Mainland China the device shows as ā€œOfflineā€ and unable to connect.

Try dustcloud-rooting it if you canā€™t get it to work any other way. Requires some computer and networking knowledge though, so if terms like root, ssh, binary image and IP-addresses seem alien take it easy with the flashing :wink:

I can assist with shorter well formulated questions if needed.

I tested it myself meanwhile and it works perfectly (at least for me). If the device shows ā€œofflineā€ on mainland China, then probably the token has changed. Try readding the device - you still wonā€™t be able to access the device in the app, but you should be able to apply firmware updates through the workaround provided above.

I decided to give up on this and just let it do its thing when HA asks it to start cleaning.
I dont have the patience to keep logging in and out from these servers and re-pairing, extracting token etc etc.

Any chance anybody smarter then me know if it would be possible to get the Shark 750 working in HA? Thereā€™s a Alexa skill so I would think itā€™s possible but research has come up empty! :disappointed:

Hi All,

Iā€™ve got a weird one here. Iā€™m finding that the co-ordinates that I obtain using ā€œapp_goto_targetā€ end up pointing the Robot to a different location when used in ā€œapp_zoned_cleanā€

So basically, I drive the robot around using ā€œapp_goto_targetā€ to get the co-ordinates of the Bottom Left hand side of the Zone, Then I use it again to get the top Right hand side. Grab those two co-ordinates, add them to a ā€œapp_zoned_cleanā€ command And it draws a Zone about 2000 ā€œpointsā€ out on the X Axis.

If I then correct for this, it seems to be out again by some arbitrary value in the Y.

Has anyone else encountered this?

The Co-ordinates given using the Goto command donā€™t seem equate to the ones used in a zone clean.

Knotty

After each hardware button oush dbu need full clean to get map ā€¦then zoned cleaning and go to will work .Iā€™ve an automation which makes full clean each morningā€¦if needed it will then be able to clean only zones

If you use dustcloud to root the robot, you can turn on detailed logging on the robot and see the exact coordinates of goto and zone cleaning.

Yep, Was hoping not to have to do that, But I think that will be the only way.

Thanks All
Knotty

You can use the FloleVac app to get your coordinates too.

check this post out - Howto: Xiaomi vacuum zoned cleaning

1 Like

Hi, I been looking at tour code for the vacuum. I have same type and model so its helping a lotā€¦ one thing i can not get, how do I change the Xiaomi Vacuum Clear on/off to a toggle button (on Robot Vacuum Group) from the words Turn On which shows on my setup.

Thanks
Pablo

So, to get the ā€œActivateā€ to a toggle switch, which then also stops the cleaner when turning off, I think you would to have to use some tempting and adjust the functionality of the script / button a little bit. This is not my strong side though, so someone else might be able to help you here a little bit more.

Pretty new to Home Assistant, this thread is great for me !
But iā€™m a bit lost : to connect to google assistant through IFTTT iā€™m using http://IP_ADDRESS:PORT/api/services/script/NAME_OF_MY_SCRIPT?api_password=xxxxxx but what should i use as api_password and where to get it ? 'cause i always got a login attempt error when tried different thingsā€¦ Also, should i really use the name of the script called or am i wrong ?
Aaaaand, the last question; i canā€™t understand how i can be notified when vacuum is back to dock ? Via automation ?

Assuming you have the latest HA version, you will need this in your configuration.yaml:

homeassistant:
  . . . .
 # uncomment this to enable backwards compatible API password support
   - type: legacy_api_password
http:
  # Secrets are defined in the file secrets.yaml
  api_password: !secret http_password

The api_password above is what you use in the api call, that may change in future version though.

Yes, you use the script name, you can look it up in Developer tools, States panel just to be sure, i.e. script.vacuum_my_home.

The state of your vacuum.NAME entity tells you whether it is ā€˜dockedā€™, ā€˜cleaningā€™, ā€˜returningā€™, etc., you can show its state in UI (for example, lovelaveā€™s entities card) or use the state for automation trigger.

1 Like

Thanks ! Will try like this, especially for notifications. Will report here later.

Me again. Api connexion and Google Assistant command are ok.
But i need a bit more help for configuring notifications.
Is the state to use what is highlighted in the screenshot ?

And, if i wanna be asked to clean after use, said 2 min after beeing back to dock, what condition should i use ?
Action will be a pushbullet or sms notification, but i think i can make it myself.

Thanks in advance guys !

No its not. Go to the states menu within your home assistant ui. Then check the states names. They are in engl. while the ui represtantion is translated. It will be: docked, cleaning, etc. as written above.