Huawei SUN2000 12/15/17/20 KTL M0

Hello all,

I just edited my post.
I saw that I had mixed up my two projects in this post.
:flushed: Now everything should be right…

I understand that there are 4 methods to connect to your HUAWEI SUN 2000 KTL M0

1. Dongle (WIFI or FE).
  2. Inverter’s internal WIFI.
  3. Modbus connection (RTU,USB or TCP converter).
  4. KIOSK.

Option 1 ( the dongle WIFI or FE ):

This would be my first choice as I own this dongle.
Unfortunately like many others I can’t manage to connect Home assistant to the dongle WLAN FE.
I have followed all advice’s and instructions from:
https://forum.huawei.com/enterprise/en/modbus-tcp-guide/thread/789585-100027
The option to enable the MODBUS TCP will not be available as shown in steps 6 -7.

I haven’t tried the FE option yet.

Option 2 ( the internal WIFI ) :
The second option for me is to connect through the inverter’s internal WIFI,.
But I have no idea how to do this.

Option 3 ( RTU,USB orTCP converter ):
The third option for me would be a MODBUS-TCP converter connection.
The RTU or USB are not usable for me

Can the Dongle and the MODBUS connection be used side by side?

Option 4 ( KIOSK ):
I don’t want to use this option.

Please your advice and help with this, because I am confused by all these possibilities.
And especially because I can’t get it right with the Dongle.
I gave up this option after weeks of trying.
The helpdesk indicated that it would soon be possible to set it up via the fusionsolar web interface.
But so far this is not possible.

I have an installer account with fusionsolar web.

https://eu5.fusionsolar.huawei.com/

The fusionsolar web application works well.

Huawei 17KTL-M0

V100R001C00SPC140

Dongle
V100R001C00SPC124

@Marchel did you solve the connection problem?
I have a new installation on my house and I’m trying to find step-by-step instructions on how to read data from HA. SusionSolar app works perfect, but no idea how to connect from HA (I have a problem enabling MODBUS, but not sure if this is needed)
I have SUN2000-8KTL-M1 (V100R001C00SPC140 on inverter and V100R001C00SPC119 on SDongleA)

SO if you have any success please share your story :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same challenge. Just had an installation and have got my Dev account. Can access the API via Postman but not coded anything up.
My first impression is that this API will retrieve data posted to the cloud servers from my local inverter but will be unable to change vital control settings on the inverter.
Has anyone progressed either aspect?

My apologies, but I’ve been out for a while due to circumstances.
Like many, I have encountered many problems to enable the MODBUS for the Huawei SUN200.
Updates and new versions nothing solved my problem.
After my time-out I made another attempt and it was successful.

I have installed the latest firmware:
V100R001C00SPC146 (inverter sun200 17KTLM0)
V100R001C00SPC130 (sDongle A0-5)

I found out that I could set the dongle connection to Enable (unristricted) via the fusionsolar web interface.

Plants->
Device management->
Choose the Dongle →
Configuration →
Connections → Enable (unristricted)

After this I could finally set up the MODBUS connection.

The helpdesk also did not know that this was possible.
Hopefully someone can do something with this.

Indeed to enable the modbus use
FusionSolar > Device Commissioning > connect to the Inverter, login, then :slight_smile: Settings > Communication Configuration > Dongle Parameter settings > ModbusTCP > Enable (unrestricted)
I managed that much, now what’s the next step for me to integrate with HA ?

Follow these instructions

Actually there is a 5th option: Connecting to the Fusion Solar API with an OpenAPI account. See GitHub - tijsverkoyen/HomeAssistant-FusionSolar: Integrate FusionSolar into your Home Assistant.

Thanks for the instructions. I’ve successfully connected my SUN2000-15KTL-M2 inverter, using the wired FE port on my SDongleA-05 but with one difference:

Slave ID = 1 (Slave ID = 0 didn’t work)
The Home Assistant “Huawei Solar” integration connects and works correctly. Also, I can still connect to the Inverter on its wireless interface using the Huawei app.

Inverter sw: V100R001C00SPC148
MODBUS sw: V100R001C00SPC300
Dongle sw: V100R001C00SPC133 (listening on port 502)
(original dongle version …SPC119 didn’t listen on any port and had link problems over a long ethernet cable)

Hey, does anyone can support with this issue?

I’m currently setting up a new HA OS as my current one is more like a sandbox and running in a docker container.
My Huawei Inverter has a Dongle connected which is connected to my network with a fixed IP.
Version “old” HA: 2023.12.3 (don’t want to update as this is working fine)
Version “new” HA: 2023.12.4
integration version on both HA: 1.2.9 (tried this as this is working on my “old” HA, but also tried 1.3.1 and had the same issue)

On my “old” HA running in docker the integration is working fine, I’m getting all data and had no such error within the last 7 months (since I configured the integration the first time).

Now on my “new” HA I started adding all integration I’d need, but when trying to configure this integration with IP, port (502 or 6607 tried both) and slave ID’s “1” as the dongle is connected, I’m always getting this warnings and error:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: huawei_solar.huawei_solar
Source: custom_components/huawei_solar/config_flow.py:115
Integration: Huawei Solar (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:48:06 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:48:06

Could not read register value, has another device interrupted the connection?

Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:348
First occurred: 09:01:19 (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:48:10

Modbus client is not connected to the inverter.

NoneType: None

Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py:184
First occurred: 11:48:54 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:48:54

Aborting client creation due to error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 178, in create
await huawei_solar._initialize()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 107, in _initialize
self.time_zone = (await self.get(rn.TIME_ZONE)).value
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 241, in get
return (await self.get_multiple([name], slave))[0]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 276, in get_multiple
response = await self._read_registers(registers[0].register, total_length, slave)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 398, in _read_registers
return await _do_read()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 151, in retry
ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/backoff/_async.py”, line 151, in retry
ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/huawei_solar/huawei_solar.py”, line 351, in _do_read
response = await self._client.read_holding_registers(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymodbus/client/base.py”, line 207, in async_execute
raise ModbusIOException(
pymodbus.exceptions.ModbusIOException: Modbus Error: [Input/Output] ERROR: No response received after 3 retries

+++

at the same time the integration on my “old” HA is still working fine…

Can anyone support?

thx & br

I found the source of this issue.
I had 2 HA instances running at the same time and it is only possible to run a working integration in 1 HA at the same time (I assume, as after shutting down the old HA setting up the integration in the new one worked out fine without any issues)

br