Hue bridge + gledopto controller = no transition?

Hi everyone,

Did anyone else encounter problems transitioning/fading with controllers from GLEDOPTO?
My setup is a pi with hass.io, a hue bridge and a GLEDOPO RGB+CCT controller and it seems that i am not able to transition the led strip. I am using the hass.io dev service tool with the service “light.turn_on” and the following json { "entity_id": "light.1", "brightness": 255, "rgb_color": [255,255,255], "transition": 5 }
When I first call the service the leds don’t react at all, when I call the second time it does, but it seems the brightness depends on the elapsed time. E.g. when i hit call after 2.5 seconds the brightness is 50% etc.
I hope someone with the same setup can help me out.

Thanks so much!

I’m having a similar problem. I set one of these Gledopto units up a couple months back and ended up shelving the project. So now I’m spending my holiday time trying to revive the effort to get this going again.

I’ll ramble on below about details of my results, but the key similarity seems to be the commands not executing until another command is sent. In my case, I have to send the off command to make that happen.

Read on if you want the details:

Hue App Testing
What I’ve found is that the Gledopto controller works quite well from the Hue app. I can change between colors smoothly, and between white temps smoothly, and dimmer slider works as expected. The one thing that does not seem to work is transitions. For example, if I create a routine that fades the light of 5 minutes, the Hue branded lights will slowly transition, but the Gledopto light just jumps to the defined brightness.

Home Assistant Testing
When trying to control the Gledopto from Home Assistant, the results are different. I can turn on the light, change white temperature, change the brightness of the white temperature. However, as soon as I choose a color on the color wheel, the light gets “stuck” and won’t respond until I toggle the light off, then on again, and then it will change to the previously selected color. So, the only way to change to color from Home Assistant is to set the color, turn off the light, then turn it back on. Interestingly, when turning the light off, I can see the Gledopto light flick briefly to the correct color before turning off, so it’s as though the color change command isn’t “terminated” for lack of a better term, until the off command is sent.

Home Assistant Scenes
When I use the Gledopto light in a scene, it will change to the assigned color, but it won’t transition according to transition value, just turns on instantly to the color and brightness defined in the scene. And if I change from a scene where the Gledopto light is on, to another scene with the light on at a different value, it behaves the same as when using the color wheel and gets stuck.

Conclusion:
The way HA send commands to the light differs from the native Hue app, but I don’t know if it’s a difference in the way handles API requests versus internally changing a light, or if there’s some intentional/unintentional difference in the API capabilities of non-Hue branded lights. I do know that they restrict 3rd party lights from the Hue Sync and Hue Entertainment groups, so perhaps this is a related issue?

I’m having the same problem. It’s really irritating.

I only seem to have the problem when activating a scene from hass.io. On the first activation of the scene all the lights do what they should except for the Gledopto one. On a second activation is behaves as expected and the scene is correct.

Quite annoying but at least all I have to do is press a button twice. I would love to find a fix/workaround for this though.