Gledopto Scene Issues

I’m having the same issue previously noted in two other posts with no solution mentioned. I’m hopeful that since both posts are older, that someone has found a solution or workaround by now.

The issue is that with the Gledopto RGB-CCT Pro controller, activating any scene lights up in a purple-ish color every time. Activating any of your scenes again will result in the correct color being illuminated. I have a Zigbee wireless remote that seems to work okay. It’s just calling the scenes from HA where I run into the issue.

Previous posts for reference:

1. Scene editor setting “effect: none” causing issues with Gledopto lights
  2. Hue bridge + gledopto controller = no transition?

Until this issue is fixed, you have 2 options:

1. Manually adjust the configuration file to remove the effect: none line for all Gledopto lights. You will have to do this every time you change a scene, so I suggest writing a script to remove all such lines and schedule it to run on a frequent basis.

2. If you use a Hue bridge, only use Hue scenes and activate them from Home Assistant using the “hue_activate_scene” service.

Your response is appreciated. I will make note and adjust my scenes accordingly.

Does anyone have a bead on when/if this issue will be fixed? Is it even on the radar?

Would this be a python (or similar) script run as a cronjob, or is there another way to do this inside of HA? And, does the Core have to be restarted in order to pick up changes to the scenes.yaml file (or any other config file for that matter)? I would assume so.