Hue outdoor motion sensor does not change on_off to detected in ZHA and cant change sensitivity level

Just added a new Hue outdoor motion sensor in ZHA.
To my big surprise it does not change the “on_off” - it always says “clear” while occupancy changes to “detected”.

I would assume “on_off” is what other sensors calls “ias_zone” which normally stays “detected” 2 minutes and not just 10 seconds.

Anyone got a solution? Not another automation fix like:

but a real solution?

Another problem is that I cant change sensitivity level.
If I try to do like this:

It still says 2 next time I get the property… why?

I found out about the sensitivity level part - its just me that is being ignorant :grin:

Don’t use on_off, use occupancy. This is normal for the Hue. Have two indoor, one outdoor.

I guess I have to do that - its just a little funny it shows the on_off when it doesn’t change it? :grin:

Yes, coming from Sonoff PIR I was surprised as well at first.

What made you change from sonoff to hue? False-positives from sonoff sensors like me?

Yes phantom triggers did happen occasionally. But the biggest factor was battery life!

With two AAA’s the Hue opens up more aggressive cooldown with far better battery life.

I have also started testing Zooz ZSE18’s for their USB powered option. Sadly they just take longer to trigger compared to Hue. We are talking about at most a ~1 sec lag here. But in high/fast-traffic area’s that makes a big difference.

Next experiment - mmWave :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, I was puzzled when I couldn’t seem to change the value - until I entered the new value in the “Value” field instead of the “Manufacturer Code Override” field before clicking on the SET ZIGBEE ATTRIBUTE link. Then it worked.

So, I wonder what the purpose of the “Manufacturer Code Override” field is?