Husqvarna Automower and Gardena Smart System

Is there anyway to mow in a specific area ?

(I have two areas in the Husqvarna app, but somehow I have an issue recently where I have to disable the second area otherwise it’s would only stay in one area)

Also is anyone willing to share they HA or node red template ?

I’m trying to setup an automation where the mower would only mow if it’s was sunny during the day and if it’s not gonna ring during the night (it’s mowing at night time) and also only twice a weeks.

I love to get some bit from some template

@ Thomas55555: I have one question regarding your plugin. First a big THANKS for it. I start this week using it. One thing what I was wondering is why the position gets updated every 5 minutes and not the rest like battery level, activity (just every 15 minutes)…
I think the position call decrements the available 10.000 api call, am I right? If so, is there a special reason why not all available data gets updated every 5 minutes? Could you imagine changing that accordingly?

Is there a way to poll every minute? I can’t use webhooks, if that is included.
I actually want to poll the mower only when needed, but then more regularly.

Discovered this Husqvarna Automower integration yesterday and managed to get it installed and working despite my lack of inexperience with Home Assistant - very impressed.

It prompted me to delve a bit deeper which was interesting but I quickly ran up against my limitations. I wanted to access the battery level to display in a card and got the impression (rightly or wrongly) that it’s the sort of thing normally exposed by a sensor entity, but couldn’t find a way to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Answering my own question, I came up with this:

template:
  sensor:
    - name: Automower Battery
      unit_of_measurement: "%"
      icon: mdi:battery
      state: >
        {{ state_attr('vacuum.my_automower', 'battery_level') | int }}

For anyone else landing here and wanting to do the same sort of thing, bear in mind that I don’t really know what I’m doing so this might not be the most efficient or appropriate way to do it. Seems to work though.

What am I missing. I seem no to find the app to get it into HA.

The integration is called “Ha Automower” - try searching for automower instead of Husqvarna.

Have also tried that before:

Just for info - It is running un HyperV, currently testing, as I am waiting for the RPI4 to be delivered. If it matters.

If I try from here: GitHub - Thomas55555/husqvarna_automower: Custom component for Home Assistant to monitor and control your Husqvrana Automower
I get this:
Saying: This integration does not support UI configuration. If you followed this link from the Home Assistant website, make sure you are using the latest version of Home Assistant.

Your screen looks different from mine, don’t know if that’s just down to different HA installation types (I’m using “Container”). I selected “HACS” in the left-hand menu bar, clicked the blue “+ EXPLORE & DOWNLOAD REPOSITORIES” button and searched from there:

Can you see in HA when it’s needing to charge? If the state of it will change from moving to moving to the dock to charge?

The charge level is displayed, not sure how often it polls. It looks like this:

Yes, you will see the battery level and it reports when it’s returning to or leaving the dock. See graph of battery below and example logbook entries.

1 Like

Perfect:) then I can use this to make a automatic door​:partying_face: well I can try at least​:roll_eyes::joy::joy: