Hyundai Bluelink Integration

No worries, happy to see ideas for improvement

Got it up and running and so far great. A couple of things ive done so far:

• Setup a utility integration to monitor daily mileage from the odometer
  • Setup a couple of helpers to store mileage since last charge, not sure how accurate it will be though but my basis is as follows:
  1. Store the current odometer in a helper as a base
  2. Created a template sensor to subtract the odometer value from the base - giving me a difference since base was saved
  3. Setup an automation to store the current template sensor value into another helper when the charger is unplugged thus giving me a value of mileage done between charges. The automation also updates the base odometer helper.

Will test how this works today.

Few suggestions, the default battery icon is the 12v battery rather than the EV battery.
The battery percentage icon would be nice to show like a phone battery icon at different levels so from a glance card you can see the level maybe rather than a car icon?

@eximo84 Thanks for suggestions, about first one, it is not me to decide which one to use in home assistant, it is picking one of them automatically.

On second one, can you create an issue tracker for this in repository?

Lastly, happy that this is working for you all, you don’t need to bother with node red as a proxy.

1 Like

I could not understand the problem here regarding to EV battery, please help me understand

Update, I see the issue after you have created respective github entry, yes, I am aware of this and it is definitely happening because of Kia/Hyundai servers, I will try to improve this.

Hey @Jan_Willem_Maas , after checking the integration, do you see missing features between node-red based integration and this one? If yes, please share your thoughts.

Hi, thanks for prodding me. I am sorry I have been busy doing maintenance in the physical world. I am about to go on holiday for about three weeks. After I get back I will get around to it.

1 Like

Hello. I am keen to test an Hyundai Ioniq integration. I’m interested in monitoring my ioniq with home assistant

Testet integration and it is working great.
Thank you for your great work!

please install the custom integration and test, it should work.

Just thought i would share my car dashboard, then just noticed the Range is looking interesting.

Anyway, im using a couple of template sensors to work out consumption, battery capacity remaining and the trip information. Im recording odometer data when i connect my charger and the template sensors use that as a base value.

3 Likes

Hello Fuat,
Does it work if you have only Hyundai Account? I bought a Kona EV just recently (April 21) and was not able to create a bluelink account but Hyundai account.

I installed and when I want to integrate it says:
→ Login failed into Kia Uvo / Hyundai Bluelink Servers. Please use official Kia Uvo app to logout and log back in and try again! ←

And yes the bluelink app is working for me :slight_smile:

Im using a Hyundai Account and it works ok for me.

sadly this is all I get when I enter my credentials
Screenshot 2021-08-24 091444

Created a new Hyundai account yesterday, bluelink app works fine, logged out an in again.
But can’t log into the integration:
HA 2021.8.8
HACS 1.14

Logger: custom_components.kia_uvo.config_flow
Source: custom_components/kia_uvo/config_flow.py:164 
Integration: Kia Uvo / Hyundai Bluelink (documentation) 
First occurred: 23. August 2021, 23:07:35 (3 occurrences) 
Last logged: 18:40:49

kia_uvo Exception in kia_uvo login : memoryview: a bytes-like object is required, not 'NoneType' - traceback: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/kia_uvo/config_flow.py", line 150, in async_step_user self.token = await self.hass.async_add_executor_job( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/config/custom_components/kia_uvo/KiaUvoApiEU.py", line 77, in login credentials = push_receiver.register(sender_id=self.GCM_SENDER_ID) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/push_receiver/push_receiver.py", line 202, in register subscription = gcm_register(appId=appId) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/push_receiver/push_receiver.py", line 133, in gcm_register chk = gcm_check_in() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/push_receiver/push_receiver.py", line 106, in gcm_check_in resp.ParseFromString(resp_data) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google/protobuf/message.py", line 199, in ParseFromString return self.MergeFromString(serialized) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/google/protobuf/internal/python_message.py", line 1136, in MergeFromString serialized = memoryview(serialized) TypeError: memoryview: a bytes-like object is required, not 'NoneType'

I am out for 2-3 weeks for vacation, please hold on

1 Like

HI. I’ve install it and it all seems to work. Thank you for this- its awesome. Couple of minor issues, but I see most of them have been raised in the github, so will follow along there.

It would be very nice if you can add the US to the integration, I’ve been trying to use bluelinky and node-red but I’m having some problems with it.

Thanks and Great Job

Hi all, i will be back from vacation next week, so we can work on open issues and improvements.

2 Likes

Hey fuatakgun, thanks for creating this integration!

I started on my own python library to access the Bluelink APIs but found they kept changing a lot and it took too much time to keep investigating and fixing so I moved my project to using the javascript Bluelinky + MQTT to connect to home assistant. As Bluelinky is well maintained that made my setup more stable but is less elegant needing another docker container!

It might also be worth talking with some of the Bluelinky devs and start some docs on changes to the API to save everyone time reverse engineering the changes they make!

A native integration would be better so happy to help with the python libraries if you need! I’m just moving house at the moment but will take a look at using your integration soon.

2 Likes

happy to discuss through email [email protected]