I have this message AddonManager.install' blocked from execution, no host internet connection

Hi

I am brand new to home assistant, please be gentle, I have had a search but it has all this code.

I have installed on a Raspberry Pi4 on an ssd all went well. I can see my home and its connected to my items ok.

So I have gone exploring and I believe I have to download some bits and bobs including HACS.

When I go to download something I get this message

AddonManager.install’ blocked from execution, no host internet connection

I am totally new to this so please be gentle, it all looks so easy on youtube.

Thank you

Probably DNS.

Go to Settings → System → Network. Click on your adaptor then the IPv4 settings and change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1

Hi

Thankyou, it says External access denied beside network

Are you using Pi-Hole or some other network-wide blocker or have rules set up on your router/firewall? If you SSH to your Home Assistant system can you ping google.com or home-assistant.io?

Sorry

SSH?

A means for you to gain access directly to the HA console (which you can also do if you have a monitor attached to your rPi).

I cant access the network so my ip4 settings are wrong I think

Take a screenshot of what HA is showing you have configured your network as and post it here? Also, on a computer take a shot of your computers network settings? If you do that we can help you determine that.

I will have another go tomorrow

I have lost connection altogether now, so I will do a fresh install on Pi manager

Thanks for your help

Well, your network is not incorrect. According to those settings you are on the correct network and, since I assume you are on here from that computer, your DNS server appears to be OK as well. I presume that since your gateway and DNS servers are both 191.168.1.1 that it’s a router that is providing DNS. What happens if you change the Home Assistant DNS to 8.8.8.8?

nothing just the same

That is interesting, as is the earlier statement “lost connection altogether”. I wonder if the router might be an issue or the load on the rPi. But you totally reinstalled HA on the pi didn’t you?

Is Home Assistant wired or wireless? If wireless you could, as a test, connect it to your phones hotspot to see if there is any difference and if there is then you know its the router, if not then it’s the rPi or the installation of HA on it.

I did a clean install again on a ssd, it is a wired connection, must be the settings in the configure network settings, I have tried 1.1.1.1 I will reset the router tomorrow.