I made a crappy Nest Thermostat integration that will work as a stopgap until alternatives come out

Yes, the token and cookie are correct. I don’t want to post the right values.

I think you and I are stuck at the same spot… my thermostat worked briefly but I can’t seem to connect now…

my bad, what that error was trying to say was incorrect userid. Turns out while editing my my config I noticed the typo on my username/email :flushed:

Works great!

minor issue: changing the temp is in some odd increments. x deg C increments x.2 then x.7. Id expect the same 0.5 deg increments but at x.0 and x.5.

Just installed and set this up. Just migrated my nest account to google
I was ready to find another wifi based thermostat.
For now, at least, this integration works, works great.

THANK YOU!!! BTW< perfect name, badnest. Yes Nest is bad for how this whole thing has been handled. Just saying. LOL!

Has anyone struggled with google account access and found a solution? I’ve exhausted my ideas…

I just migrated my nest to google account and the install worked with no issues. I would suggest that you have two devices open and carefully follow the instructions for the google access on one and make the changes on the other. It is different than I had done before and a little confusing for the first time, but the directions worked when I followed them correctly. What was your issue? Did you get the cookie and token? I copied them and used the sample config and copied it into my configuration.yaml file. Changed the cookie and token per the direction. Restarted and was able to add my three thermostats as well as my nest hello camera.

Hi Bill - what do you mean by ‘have two devices open’? I am using chrome incognito mode, so nothing is open when I log in.

The only thing I can think that is a little ‘strange’ about my situation - I recently received a warranty replacement thermostat. Maybe my account is pointing to my old thermostat? However, I can view my current thermostat in the app and web interface.

A second device, i.e tablet. That way you are not switching pages. You read on the tablet and use your other device on chrome in incognito mode. Then copy this data into notepad (or notepad++) so you will have it for Hassio. I find having the directions in front of me on new stuff is much easier to follow.

gotcha. I am confident that I am I following the directions correctly. Not sure what I could be doing differently to get a different result?

Did you get any errors in the log?

no - I cannot see any errors in the homeassistant log… is there a seperate place I should be looking?

No errors, what isn’t working?

I do not see a state for badnest sensors (or climate) in development tools after setting up (and including changes in configuration.yaml) . Am I missing a step?

My four show up under entities, badnest.

I’m having the same issue as krock. After upgrading my thermostat, it’s no longer discovering the new one. When checking the logs it simply bypasses the thermostat but picks up my 4 nest protects and 2 cameras.

Is there any formatting required on the token_id or cookie? Or, can it be copied exactly as what is shown in chrome…

Paste it as is.

sounds good - but, I am still stuck. Any suggestions?!?

In my configuration.yaml, I have the configuration shown below. I pulled this (copy and paste exactly) from chrome under incognito mode…

Under ‘development tools’ in HA, I do not find any items labeled ‘badnest’.
Also, under ‘Configuration’ & ‘Entities’ I do not see any items labeled ‘badnest’

my log home assistant log file shows:

core-ssh:/config# more home-assistant.log |grep badnest
2019-12-09 20:33:28 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for badnest which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
core-ssh:/config# 

badnest:
  issue_token: "https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/..."
  cookie: "OCAK=90unds..."
  region: us

climate: 
  - platform: badnest
    scan_interval: 10

sensor:
  - platform: badnest

What do you have under climate?

Have you restarted HA? The device would show up as climate.some_thermostat. In Configuration -> Entities it should be marked with “badnest” in Integration column.