I made a crappy Nest Thermostat integration that will work as a stopgap until alternatives come out

Forget about my earlier message, two reboots of the Homebridge fixed the problem… Thanks!

Nope, araines/badnest doesn’t work, at least not with a Nest login.

2021-07-11 17:02:28 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up badnest
2021-07-11 17:02:30 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [custom_components.badnest.api] Upstream error: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://home.nest.com/dropcam/api/login
2021-07-11 17:02:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component badnest

anyone managed to get smoke detectors to work again?

They work for me without issues, but not via badnest.

HOOBS/Homebridge is the way to go. :wink:

Can you please share some info on how to set it up?

Hi. Do you mind sharing how to setup HOOBS? I created docker using your command but no idea what to do next =)

ok, worked it out =) A bit of a hassle, but at least it works (dont know for how long).
How come it is available on HOOBs but not on HA? Setup for the plugin looks similar to what “bad nest” had when it worked

It does not tell which one is CO and which is another type of detection (fire?)
Interestingly that I have read that Nest protect has all these sensors, yet they are not exposed.
Temperature
Humidity
Motion (120° field of view up to 20 feet)
Ambient light
Accelerometer
Microphone

Could have been a fantastic product for the price if they allowed access to all the data

Look here. It’s way up in the thread.

Should restarting HA be sufficient for badnest to scan for any new thermostats? I am using the old Nest auth (can’t move to Google auth yet due to custom domain email) and I’ve tried to comment/uncomment out Badnest from my config but it still won’t pick up the new thermostat added to the same account…

Rene,
When you are using the HOOBS integration with Nest, are you able to control the humidity level?

Has anyone found a way to control the nest humidity setting through Home Assistant?

I have a HOOBS container setup with Nest integration configured. When I go to add the HomeKit Controller in HA I get an error saying “No unpaired devices could be found”. Any idea on what I could be doing wrong?

I got the Homebridge method working with my VirtualBox HA setup. It’s a little convoluted, but not too terrible.

Use this tutorial to install Portainer and Homebridge:

There is a lot of mention of Raspberry Pi, but if you follow this post it will work on all other systems

Once you have Homebridge setup, you will login into homebridge http://homeassistantIP:8581 with admin / blank password. Create a secure password. Go to plugins, install ‘Homebridge-nest’. The setup for the Nest plugin is pretty much the same as BadNest.

HA will automatically detect Homebridge and the Nest components. On HA’s first detection of Homebridge you will be asked for a pairing pin. Go to Homebridge and look under Config for pin.

that’s it.

just ran across activity on this thread…for anyone still interested i have a copy of the original reddragon badnest repo setup here:

this code has been working flawlessly for me with a nest v2 and v3 thermostat in the same home for the past 2yrs. in fact, my first login token lasted something like 20mo before i had to renew it. it worked on pretty much every ha version up to 2021.3.4 where i had to sit for awhile due to another integration issue, but i recently updated to 2021.11.5 and so far so good.

bear in mind my nest account has never been upgraded to a google login so ymmv.