iCloud Integration - Keeps popping up Apple ID Sign in request on iOS devices

Looks like the pyicloud part will soon be merged, resolving this issue for the library.

https://github.com/picklepete/pyicloud/pull/310#issuecomment-744323027

Then just the changes to HomeAssistant will have to be tested and merged as well.

1 Like

Same problem here, with HA 2021.1.0b3
Hope the pyicloud lib will be fixed and implemented soon

Having the same issue in version 2021.1.4.
Was getting several pop ups an hour until I uninstalled it.

Any luck on this? i had to uninstall the apple integration.

Seemed to be fixed . I installed it again , and until now it works fine.

1 Like

Mine is working for the moment too

I spoke too soon. Still broken.

Ever since the latest Core update (maybe the last two), I’ve not seen the pop ups yet my phones are reporting their statuses just fine. I’m going to cross my fingers and hope for the best on this one.

So after a few days I can tell that pop ups on the smart phone have gone, so you don’t have to enter the 2FA code again after setup. BUT I still get emails 1-2 per day which informed me, that my iCloud account has been used on a computer. So far I can live with it. But I think you wouldn’t be able to distinguish between these mails and mails of a real external unwanted use of your account.

This was resolved in 2021.2.1: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/45818

I am afraid it is back. This evening I started to get the pop-ups again

I’m getting the “ Your Apple ID was used to sign in to iCloud via a web browser.” emails frequently, and a corresponding “ Authentication required for Account. (421)” in the logs.

Is there a solution to this issue?

I’m getting the same here too. Wouldn’t call this fixed.

Same here too. :sleepy:
We need help!!

If you look at the release notes (2020.6, I think), it’s actually been taken out of auto-discovery, as the core team think it’s too broken to be part of the on-boarding…

That’s wise, all things considered. As these emails from Apple are vague (without specific device or location info) they added a layer of aggravation, a security concern. When I first got these, I was confused and semi-alarmed, so I quickly changed my AppleID password, and updated all of my devices, only to later figure out that there was no rogue login, it was from this Home Assistant integration.

The emails were coming in about twice a day, usually at night, and usually a half hour apart.

Even worse, merely disabling this integration didn’t curtail the emails for me. I had to delete the entire integration, and for good measure, delete the iCloud directory in .storage, and reboot the Pi with Home Assistant, for them to stop. For now at least…?

Why doesn’t disabling this integration stop the iCloud logins?

Same here, still appearing and showing me the 2FA when restarting HA

Delete the integration and also the iCloud folder in your .storage directory. Then restart HA.

Sadly, there is no option to delete the integration and just deleting the icloud folder does absolutely nothing.

For this I moved to Icloud3. A bit overkill, but once setup ok. It works. Responses to this integration takes way too long. And these errors keep poppin up.