iCloud Integration - Keeps popping up Apple ID Sign in request on iOS devices

Bump.

Same issue here on HA 2022.12, the iCloud integration seems to work fine at first and then the constant notifications on iPhone that someone wants to login to my iCloud account and then when the 2FA code pops up, there’s nowhere to enter it in HA.

No resolution to this issue yet?

3 Likes

Same issue here. How you cause this integration to ask two step code?

This is still happening… any update?

1 Like

Same here… it’s popping up every few minutes. Removing and re-installing the integration didn’t help.

Was there ever a solution / work around for this? If not, the integration is too much of a headache, IMO.

Still happens. What should I do to stop it?

Hi, I do have still the same problem. After an initial install it works fine, but after the first 30 days term of iCloud it goes wrong.
Icloud asks for re-autentication, and HA also tells re-autentication is needed (a couple of hours after the first signal from apple). When I enter the 6 digits from apple there is an error.

Logger: pyicloud.base
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyicloud/base.py:188
First occurred: 22:00:12 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:00:12
Authentication required for Account. (421)

and

Logger: pyicloud.base.http
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyicloud/base.py:141
First occurred: 22:00:24 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:00:24
Failed to parse response with JSON mimetype

Now wait if the message from apple comes up again…

Update:
Stay’s at least some 12 hours good, so I guess the error has not too many effect.

Another question.

The iphone of my wife is giving the icloud warning, but HA did not find out yet that there is something wrong.
Is there a possibility in HA to force re-autentication? Now it may take many hours before HA gives the warning…

This integration is so broken that I do not understand why this is even part of the official distribution. It should get removed.

(And no, iCloud3 is not an adequate replacement. It’s a nightmare to set up.)

To be honest, true, they cannot be compared to each other. Icloud3 V3 is way better. it is released in beta and I have been running it for several months. As soon as it is released, you will see that setting it up is way easier. you should give the v3 version a try.

We are a bit offtopic here now, discussion about iCloud3.

I just had a look and v3 is not even in beta yet, so I cannot judge it.
v2.4.7 is still greeting me with a “Du kannst dieses Gerät hinzufügen, indem du es zu deiner „configuration.yaml“ hinzufügst. Weitere Informationen findest du in der Dokumentation.” which is a no-go.

So, yes, iCloud3 might be a solution in the future. Right now, it is not.