iCloud3 v1.0.6 tracks devices when the iCloud Location Service is down is now available
- iCloud3 will now issue a request_location_update to the IOS app using the HA notification service. If the IOS app is loaded and running, or running in the background and the phone is awake, the IOS App may respond with the current location. Otherwise it is hit-or-miss but better than nothing.It will issue this location request when the next update time is reached in the same manner as requesting the location from the iCloud Location Service.
- Updated the status on being able to resume accessing the iCloud Location Service.
Gary aka GeeksterGary
iCloud3 is a device_tracker custom_component for iPhones, iPads and iWatches. It is tightly integrated with the HA IOS App, uses the Waze Route Tracker for distance and time information, creates Dynamic Stationary Zones when you are stationary, supports device include/exclude filters, minimizes battery usage, and much more.
- View the extensive user documentation with examples of presence detection, including sample configuration files, on the iCloud3 Github Repository.
- Download it from the iCloud3 Github Repository Releases Section.
iCloud3 is a new Home Assistant device tracker custom component that greatly expands the capabilities of the iCloud (and iCloud2) HA component. It exposes many new attributes, provides many new features, is based on enhanced route tracking methods, is much more accurate, and includes additional service calls.
Some of these features include:
- A variable polling interval based on the Waze route mapping service (drive time and distance rather than just a calculated straight line distance).
- Immediate status update on zone change notification from the bridge IOS App. (enter and exit).
- Sensor templates that are used in automations, in scripts and on Lovelace cards are created and updated automatically.
- GPS wandering that changes the device’s state from home to not_home randomly is eliminated.
- Short 15-second polling when less than 1 mi/km from home (reliably trigger automations based on an accurate distance).
- Ability to include or exclude devices or device types (filters for devices you want to track).
- Dynamic Stationary Zones (conserve battery life when stationary).
- Old location data and GPS accuracy are automatically discarded.
- Additional service call commands (setting intervals, pausing and resuming polling, zone assignment, etc.)
- No longer need any other program (other than the HA IOS app) to handle device tracking and presence detection (no more Nmap, OwnTracks or router based tracking components).
- Configuration variables (18 new variables), Attributes (22 new items returned), Service Calls (10 new subcommands), lines of code (from 425 to 4000+).
- And more…
It is now available for download at https://github.com/gcobb321/icloud3. You will find comprehensive documentation and screenshots, all the configuration files, automations and Lovelace card setup that I use for device tracking, and presence detection.
Gary Cobb, aka GeeksterGary
Edited June 8, 2019