iCloud3 v2.1 Device Tracker - iCloud3 v2.2 has been released (10/10/2020)

The ICloud3 intergration works very well, but i just no get a warning message about 2 factor authentication. Preceed that, but now I end up with an error:

2020-12-22 12:00:34 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.icloud3.device_tracker]  iCloud3 Setup Error >  > The iOS App device_tracker entity was not found in the Entity Registry.. Device_tracker entities (suffixes) found -
2020-12-22 12:00:34 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [custom_components.icloud3.device_tracker] string index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/device_tracker.py", line 6038, in _initialize_device_zone_fields
    first_initial = self.fname.get(devicename)[0].lower()
IndexError: string index out of range

This i my configuration.yaml looks like

device_tracker:
  - platform: icloud3
    username: !secret icloud_username
    password: !secret icloud_password
    tracking_method: famshr
    track_devices:
      - iphone
      - rolf_mob
    #--Zone/Tracking Parameters-----------------------------------------
    inzone_interval: '15 min'
    max_interval: '15 min'
    stationary_inzone_interval: '15 min'
    stationary_still_time: '15 min'
    stationary_zone_offset: 1, 0
    travel_time_factor: .6
    waze_region: EU
    unit_of_measurement: km
    time_format: 24

I see that my battery precentage is updated but not the latitude and longitude. Before the 2FA it was working fine. Any idea’s ?

@rolfberkenbosch
What version of iCloud3 are you using? Your problem is probably caused by having the device’s name as ‘iphone’. That text string is removed from the device’s name to create a friendly name so it is ending up with an empty text string causing the error. I just made a change t to iCloud3 to not do that if the name was ‘iphone’.

Download the v2.2.2rc8b from the development directory and see if it fixes your issue. Instructions on doing that are on previous posts above.

I have updated to the latest version en als some RC’s but when I want to “confirm” on the trusted device code it just doesn’t do anything, the popup stays there and I am only able to discard it by pressing X

In the event log it shows me “Verify Trusted Device Id > Invalid Device Id Entered-265541” And I am 100% sure the ID is right, tested with the same settings by logging in at apple (other ID offcourse)

Can you see what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Paul

@SmartWorkx
Reset iCloud to get another authorization code at Event Log > Actions > Reset iCloud Interface at the bottom of the list.

Did that and it worked, thanks :slight_smile:

Im using icloud3 v2.3.0 and noticed in the docs the naming of the zone sensors.

https://gcobb321.github.io/icloud3/#/chapters/2.4-sensors?id=zone-sensors

When looking at my sensor zones I still have the original _name, _name1, _name2 and _name3 names as well as the new names.

Is this right or do I need to do something to delete the old naming format?

Thank you.

@denver
I either left those in v2.3 for backward compatibility with automations and scripts or levt them in v2.2 and forgot to remove them on v2.3. Add the following to your configuration file to exclude them:

exclude_sensors: zon1,zon2,zon3,lzon1,lzon2,lzon3

I’ll remove them on the next release or v2.3 update.

1 Like

Although I still get notifications for questions on this forum, the v2.3 questions should be posted on the v2.3 Forum. Thanks.

You can go to the v2.3 Forum using this link.

Thank you, Rob.
This is the part I am not getting yet because its confusing with www/community vs. custom_cards (in my case using HAOS → www/community).

However - there is no icloud3-event-log-card.js.gz file in the custom_components folder,
I wonder where this is, because my other community cards have this file as well (beside the .js)

how do you add battery sensors for watches

Having an issue with authentication. I am not being prompted for 2FA. I had to update my pw which I did. Now I am getting this error when icloud3 starts. I am not sure which part I am missing.

@martoq Try Event Log > Actions > Reset iCloud Interface to erase the iCloud cookies file and create a new iCloud session. See iCloud3 docs here

I seem to be missing that option?

School to the bottom of the list, should be the last choice.

Negative. That is all there is, it doesn’t scroll any further. Verified on 2 devices to ensure it wasn’t a display issue.

@martoq You are running v2.2.0.08. The current version is 2.4.7. Also, this forum was closed a few years ago when v2.3 and then v2.4 was released. The link to the v2.4 forum is iCloud3 v2.4 - An advanced device tracker custom component that is integrated with the iOS App location monitor - #508 by gwp1

Use HACS to upgrade to the latest version

That’s very odd. HACS isn’t showing an upgrade. I will figure out what’s going on with my install and make sure it’s where it’s supposed to be. If I still have a problem after that I will move to that thread. Thank you for the assistance.

I got the version from the Event Log screen shot you posted a few minutes ago. You could also be running v2.4.7 but the Event Log is an old version. If so, clear your browsers cache and restart HA. The attributes of the device_tracker sensor will show what iCloud3 version you’re running and it’s also shown on the first line of the Event Log with the Configuration info.

The default is /www/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js. Also there is a configuration parameter that lets you change the default but that is not normally done. When iCloud3 starts, it looks at the version of the Event Log Card and copies the file from the iCloud3 directory to the directory it run from under the /www location.

On a phone or iPad, the cache is cleared from the Debug screen Reset Frontend Cache command. Then go back to iCloud3 and pull the screen down it refresh it. You should see a spinning wheel when it’s refreshing.

1 Like

So for anyone that had a similar issue to me, do a deep dive and determine where all the places you have the event js file installed. I had a latent file installed in several places and once I got rid of all of them as well as did a full reinstall I was good to go. I did have to configure a resource for the js card even though HACS created one. The HACS one didn’t see to work. Once I manually configured it per the install instructions everything was working as expected again.

Thank you all for the help on this one.