iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3

The directory is icloud3, not icloud. A lot of the files (group.py, diagnostics.py, recorder.py, etc are not part of icloud3. I suspect you might have had the HA icloud integration installed and trashed it by installing icloud3 program files on top of it.

To clean things up, uninstall icloud3 (and icloud) on the integrations page.
Delete the custom_components/icloud3 and custom_components/icloud directories
Create the custom_componets/icloud3 directory and unzip the icloud3.zip file into it agaim.

Your iCloud3 configuration data is in .storage/icloud3 and will still be there on a reinstall.
Then add the iCloud3 integrations again and restart HA.

Hi All,

Normal i login with my @icloud.com address. I was trying to login with my @me.com account.
Because i get many emails that the account was used to login and was hoping in will see my @me.com in the message. But still see my @icloud.com email in it.

Is there a way that my @me.com address will be in the message, or is this something how it work at Apple. To show the mail address always?

@poudenes
The email message is generated by Apple. iCloud3 has no control over it. I created a filter in my gmail mail account for it that marks it as read, bypasses the inbox and moves to an Apple iCloud Login folder.

I do the same. With 2fa Auth you know fast enough if it is wrong…

I am just a beginner with HA and discovered iCloud3. But after adding my account to it so I could monitor all my devices I am getting bugged by the authorization of Apple. Sending me the 6-digit salute several times a day. Is there a way to stop this for this integration?

@igadgetman
Version 2 - See the User Guide here
Version 3 - See the User Guide here

Final iCloud3 v3 checkout before a (hopfully) mid-November release

By now, iCloud3 v3.0.rc8.x should be available on HACS for both the icloud3_v3 (Development) and icloud3 (as a beta) GitHub repositories.

I plan (hope) to release this as the latest version on the main iCloud3 repository as an upgrade to v2.4.7 in mid-November. To do so, I would appreciate it if all of you would install this version so I can get a really good checkout of iCloud3 v3 to make sure here are no lingering/hidden bugs or errors I need to fix before the final rollout.

Thanks.
Gary (@gcobb321)

Update using HACS

When I create a new release, it is not picked up by HACS immediately. It might take HACS up to 48-hours to pick up the new release information and add it to the Devices & Services screen.

1. Check to see if the new version of iCloud3 is displayed as an available update on the Devices & Services screen. If it is not displayed there, do the following:
  2. Open HACS from it’s sidebar icon. Select Integrations, then type iCloud3 in the search field and press Enter.
    Two items are displayed - iCloud3 Device Tracker and maybe, iCloud3 v3, Development Version.
  3. Select the appropriate one, click the 3-dots in the upper-right corner to open the menu. Select Update Information, Then select Download or Redownload. HACS will download and install the new version.
  4. Restart HA like you normally do.

Beta Version
If you are not using the iCloud3 v3, Development Version and iCloud3 v3, is not displayed, you will need to enable the HACS Develpment/Beta option on the Devices & Services > HACS Configuration settings.

Releases Page
iCloud3 v3, Development Version here
iCloud3 v3 here

2 Likes

@biggeeus @confusedsecuritydudes @chupacabra71 @chr04213 @criticallimit @daneboom @denac @derekoharrow @diothar @DerDon1302

Please read this note about the final iCloud3 v3 checkout

Thanks

@Exit2Studios @freshairr @freekode @FredWst @filikun @gekberlin @garyk @hvddrift @hellotomtom @HA_n00b

Thanks

1 Like

@ihf1 @JtwoA @J-Fartz @joselito1 @japyjaap @kalkocz @kamkilt @kingy444 @lukkigi @wgumaa

Thanks

1 Like

@marceloaf @MarkGardiner @marting @mobiledude @myMartek @morrisonpeter @Nuuki9 @pauly7300 @poudenes @polskikrol

Thanks

1 Like

@rdstodda @Snuffy2 @spamsal @Seger85 @scotty1395 @sj3fk3 @stevekuchta @townsmcp @tm24fan8 @t077584

Thanks

@u20p17 @umrath @ADHawk @alams154 @bastero @Ben82cgn @billraff @BruceH5200

Thanks

@Camille2906 @ChileHA @crankycowboy @DerekO @dirsve @dneubauer09 @eastern_blok @eBoon @engeles20 @ersilb

Thanks

@FinestDice17 @Hans_van_der_Drift @igadgetman @jchh @jeja @jlambert121 @Kasek @kohlep0a @lhf1

Thanks

@MartinG @michaelthompson1991 @NCO3 @p1ne @relout @shmookles @smart-ctrl @spry-salt @STATERA @ts2340

Thanks

I followed the instructions, correctly I hope! Can you let me know if I’ve done everything correctly? Or is that not possible :thinking:

@michaelthompson1991
The FAQ shows where to find the version of iCloud3 that is running. See screen shots here

:+1: Running the latest now.

@gcobb321 I’ve havent had the time to test this out. You can remove me from the list