iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3

That’s not the most intuitive of names. I’ve been trying to force a code to be generated for a day or so.
Guess I should have RTFM !

Thanks.

I have added that, and another solution, to the Event Log error message in b16. I have gotten that question a lot lately.

You are right, it got removed after some restart (more than once).

1 Like

I’ve been getting that too. And using FamShr isn’t working, icloud3 always now reports that I both FamShr and FmF are disabled and waiting for verification to be completed no matter how many times I verify. (I’m using the latest release version, not beta)

+1 for me as well, been using iCloud3 v2.4 for quite some time without issue.

@spry-salt
Event Log > Actions > Reset iCloud Interface deletes the cookies and session files in core/.storage/icloud/ (and your account email). That causes a new code to be generated. FMF is dead mode due to an Apple change. FamShr seems to be working fine.

Sometimes it triggers the code generation but under the latest HA update it freezes (most times) when you go to Notifications and click Enter code. It was all working well for many months until you flagged that Apple had changed something.

I just did this and I get this error and still doesn’t work after reset.

yes same for me, been using for a long time and now getting this issue as @spry-salt

I can say that I got the same experience with icloud verification. If I click the HA notification, it didn’t work and got that error entity not available.

So, yesterday, what I did:

• shutdown HA

• reboot iPhone, wait until I can login

• once I was in the iPhone home screen, I cleared all iPhone notifications

• then started HA

Wait …

I saw the iCloud notification on the iPhone!

Then I went to HA, I saw the “double verification” notification. I clicked the bottom one (the 2nd notification), because I thought that might be the newest one , and I was correct.

That’s all tbh, and I would say the verification experience was not reliable. Sometimes, my daughter would come to me “Dad, look at this”. And I will recognize “Oh, HA iCloud3 verification”, then I will login to HA, click the entity, type in the code. But, sometimes she didn’t pay attention and the verification would be expired? When that happens, device tracking doesn’t work. And I have to fiddle around how to get new verification :disappointed:

Why can’t we have something like “click this button to start icloud verification”. And until we click that button, no verification number is generated. Obviously, I don’t know much, about the “technical” behind it.

@ ha_noob
You will in version 3. See the v3 docs here and here. It works within the iCloud3 Configuration Wizard (Enter/Request Apple ID Verification Code) from the main Wizard window (first example) and from the HA Notifications (below that).

v2 is over 2-years old and will not be updated. iCloud3 v3_beta 16 (depicted in the examples) will be released this weekend. It will be the last beta (hopefully) before a general release once it has been installed without issues by a lot of people.

Also, the Verification timing is controlled by Apple and there is no warning, it just happens. With v3, you can reuest for a new code and enter it immediately.

3 Likes

Thanks, that’s awesome :100:. I will wait until v3 is fully released. The current v2 works fine for me though. Great works.

Have tried today v3, works great. Had problems with v2

Im lost how to add a new device. Want to add my watch also to the tool…

Described in the iCloud3 v3 docs. Click ? above Event Log. Then look here

1 Like

Found it… And now added my watch and airpods :slight_smile:

Is it possible to track AirTag with the latest version of iCloud3 ?

No. It has never been possible to track airtags since they use Low Energy Bluetooth to broadcast their location to the nearest Apple Device. They do not contain the wifi or cell capabilities of other iDevices.

Icloud3 v3, beta 16b has been uploaded (5/10/2023)

For those running the iCloud3 v3 beta version, I have issued a new release, beta 16b, to fix a few things in beta 16. Get it here

Is Find-my-Friends is still dead?