iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3

I just came back to trying this tracker again. When I initially checked it out, I was very new to Home Assistant and the config was a little over my head. Awesome to see the wizards and all the work @gcobb321 has put into this, thank you! I’ve added v3 beta 16b via hacs. However, when I go to install the integration, I’m only seeing icloud3 (no v3). I clicked on that and installed it, but I’m not thinking it’s right. Also, I’m getting the custom event card doesn’t exist message, but I added it to my resources as it indicated. I went to the folder and verified it was there. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? Thank you!

@crankycowboy
iCloud3 v3 is not on HACS, you have installed v2.4.7. See here for information about the v3. Look in the Important Links for installation and documentation links on how to set it up.

Thanks Gary! I had added the custom repository to install it.

Restart HA which will restart iCloud3. Check the www/icloud3 directory and make sure icloud/event-log-card.js is in it. If not, copy from the icloud3/event_log_card directory. That is supposed to happen when starting iCloud3

Thank you again. I’ve done that. Under www there isn’t an icloud 3 directory. However, within “custom_cards” there is a icloud3-event-log-card.js file in there? Clearly I must have done something wrong.

The custom_cards directory was used in v2. If there was a problem with the migration, the icloud3 directory would be used. icloud3 is the new v3 default directory

The following directory names must be the same:

• The one in the Lovelace resources list
  • The one on the Configuration Wizard > Menu page 2 > Tracking and Other parameters > (at the bottom)
  • The directory in the www folder.

Interesting. I didn’t migrate from v2, this is a fresh install. How would that have happened, and what’s the best way to correct it? Do I need to manually move some things around at this point?

That will be the easiest thing to do.

1. Create the www/icloud3 directory. Copy the Event Log mentioned above to it
    2 Make sure that is in the Event Log Directory on the Configuration Wizard > Menu Page 2 > Other Tracking Parameters page.
  2. R restart HA
  3. Verify the Lovelace resource and Fox if necessary.

I HAVE CREATED A PAGE FOR V3 BETA ANNOUNCEMENTS & QUESTIONS HERE

It is very difficult answering questions related to v3 in this forum, in my email, on the beta notification page, on the v3 issues page and when several questions are piggy backed into the same issue.

You probably have this page in your watch list to monitor v2 issues. When you go to v3, you are still going here because it is easy. Please use the above link and post your question there. If you do post it here, I am going to ask you to post it again on the above page.

Thanks for this.

Gary

Thank you. I just saw your post about posting v3 questions in the other location. I will do so moving forward, but I hope it’s ok to continue here since you’ve actively been helping me with an issue.

I did as you suggested. I copied the event log .js file to the www/icloud3 folder, I made sure the config wizard pointed to that location, and I verified that the resources also matched that location. I’ve attached pictures for clarification. I’m not certain I’m using the v3 integration. You say in the documents not to select icloud because that will be the v2 integration. Only one option pops up. And once installed, it doesn’t show v3 like your example does. Could that be part of my issue? Please see attached photos.config

icloud
integration
resources

Could you have put the /www/icloud3 folder under the root directory. It should be under the config directory (/config/www/icloud3). I could not tell from the W: drive on your pc is mapped to the root or config directory.

Yes sir, it’s under /config/www it’s in this folder:

Any other suggestions please? Sorry for the hassle.

Add .js to the lovelace resource so it is /local/icloud3/icloud3-event-log-card.js. Then restart HA.

1 Like

Geez, @gcobb321 I’m embarrassed to say that worked. Not sure how I missed that. I apologize you had so spend so much time trying to help me get going. I do greatly appreciate your time though. Thanks for your work on this awesome integration!

iCloud3 v3, beta 16c (5/13/2023) has been uploaded

Go here for more info and the download links.

2 Likes

Hey!! This is my third attempt to configure icloud3. I’m sure this is the one!!
Ok so I have an Apple account. My partner also has one and she shared here info with me on find my friend. It works on the Find My App.

I have configure ICloud 3 according to the instructions. For my device works great but for my partner does not. It does not show on find my friend device:

Also I do not have any other info like battery…

What can I do??

Thanks guys!!

Does anyone have any experience with this message and how to remedy it?

iCloud Alert > FmF or FamShr Tracking Method is disabled
until Verification has been completed. iOS App Tracking
Method will be used

Screenshot 2023-05-28 112450

I’m not getting any messages/notifications anywhere about Verification …

Thanks!

@eBoon
Are you on an iCloud3 v3 beta? I just uploaded beta 17 that fixes that problem

Remember, FmF does not work due to the Apple change last month

1 Like

@ChileHA
Find my friends it’s no longer available and can not be used in iCloud3 since Apple stopped supporting as a web service request (iCloud3 ) last month.

About the battery issue. Check the Event Log to see what battery entity is being followed for the iOS app. Also check the sensors in the Configuration Wizard > to make sure they are created. The Event Log also shows battery info if it’s is available

Be sure to update to b17 when you can

iCloud3 v3, beta 17 (5/28/2023) has been uploaded

Go here for more info and the download links.
Go here for the Release page to download it.

1 Like