iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3

@igadgetman
Version 2 - See the User Guide here
Version 3 - See the User Guide here

Final iCloud3 v3 checkout before a (hopfully) mid-November release

By now, iCloud3 v3.0.rc8.x should be available on HACS for both the icloud3_v3 (Development) and icloud3 (as a beta) GitHub repositories.

I plan (hope) to release this as the latest version on the main iCloud3 repository as an upgrade to v2.4.7 in mid-November. To do so, I would appreciate it if all of you would install this version so I can get a really good checkout of iCloud3 v3 to make sure here are no lingering/hidden bugs or errors I need to fix before the final rollout.

Thanks.
Gary (@gcobb321)

Update using HACS

When I create a new release, it is not picked up by HACS immediately. It might take HACS up to 48-hours to pick up the new release information and add it to the Devices & Services screen.

1. Check to see if the new version of iCloud3 is displayed as an available update on the Devices & Services screen. If it is not displayed there, do the following:
  2. Open HACS from it’s sidebar icon. Select Integrations, then type iCloud3 in the search field and press Enter.
    Two items are displayed - iCloud3 Device Tracker and maybe, iCloud3 v3, Development Version.
  3. Select the appropriate one, click the 3-dots in the upper-right corner to open the menu. Select Update Information, Then select Download or Redownload. HACS will download and install the new version.
  4. Restart HA like you normally do.

Beta Version
If you are not using the iCloud3 v3, Development Version and iCloud3 v3, is not displayed, you will need to enable the HACS Develpment/Beta option on the Devices & Services > HACS Configuration settings.

Releases Page
iCloud3 v3, Development Version here
iCloud3 v3 here

2 Likes

@biggeeus @confusedsecuritydudes @chupacabra71 @chr04213 @criticallimit @daneboom @denac @derekoharrow @diothar @DerDon1302

Please read this note about the final iCloud3 v3 checkout

Thanks

@Exit2Studios @freshairr @freekode @FredWst @filikun @gekberlin @garyk @hvddrift @hellotomtom @HA_n00b

Thanks

1 Like

@ihf1 @JtwoA @J-Fartz @joselito1 @japyjaap @kalkocz @kamkilt @kingy444 @lukkigi @wgumaa

Thanks

1 Like

@marceloaf @MarkGardiner @marting @mobiledude @myMartek @morrisonpeter @Nuuki9 @pauly7300 @poudenes @polskikrol

Thanks

1 Like

@rdstodda @Snuffy2 @spamsal @Seger85 @scotty1395 @sj3fk3 @stevekuchta @townsmcp @tm24fan8 @t077584

Thanks

@u20p17 @umrath @ADHawk @alams154 @bastero @Ben82cgn @billraff @BruceH5200

Thanks

@Camille2906 @ChileHA @crankycowboy @DerekO @dirsve @dneubauer09 @eastern_blok @eBoon @engeles20 @ersilb

Thanks

@FinestDice17 @Hans_van_der_Drift @igadgetman @jchh @jeja @jlambert121 @Kasek @kohlep0a @lhf1

Thanks

@MartinG @michaelthompson1991 @NCO3 @p1ne @relout @shmookles @smart-ctrl @spry-salt @STATERA @ts2340

Thanks

I followed the instructions, correctly I hope! Can you let me know if I’ve done everything correctly? Or is that not possible :thinking:

@michaelthompson1991
The FAQ shows where to find the version of iCloud3 that is running. See screen shots here

:+1: Running the latest now.

@gcobb321 I’ve havent had the time to test this out. You can remove me from the list

Running rc8 :+1:t2:

I am running my iCloud account with 2FA turned on but I use a physical security key. When I try to configure the integrations I get the pop up to enter my code, and I get a notification on my iCloud devices that “Your Apple ID … is being used to sign in to your account” but don’t get a code or a prompt to use my key anywhere. Is this something that is not supported? Will it be supported? Or is there a work around? I have tried using an app password but that doesn’t seem to work either.

So far so good. Was able to set it up. Will work on it more to and try and integrate into some automations.

@JesiJIngleBerry
Security keys and App passwords only work with apps. iCloud3 accesses your iCloud account using a web portal which does not support either one. The 2fa code is the only security method that is supported until Apple makes those methods available. You might have to disable the key to login and then re-enable it.

Noticed an error message in the log this morning, hope it’s helpful to you:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: icloud3
Source: custom_components/icloud3/support/start_ic3.py:934
Integration: iCloud3 v3: iDevice Tracker (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 6:00:05 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 6:00:05 AM

iCloud3_StationaryZone.__init__() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/start_ic3_control.py", line 98, in stage_2_prepare_configuration
    start_ic3.create_Zones_object()
  File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/start_ic3.py", line 934, in create_Zones_object
    Zone.__init__(zone, zone_data)
TypeError: iCloud3_StationaryZone.__init__() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given