iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3

I have checked the settings of that device and get this:

Below the “None” there is just the email address of my friend, who I can track on the FmF App (“This data source… not valid”).
However, this used to work and I cannot even change the adress / phone number manually.
So how can I add this again to icloud3?

When deleting and re-creating the device I get:

:frowning:

@NCO3
You can not track a device with fmf. Apple stopped supporting that service in May, 2023 and no longer provides web access to shared device info. I left the code there in case I figure out a way to support it again. The only way to track that device is to add it to your Family Sharing list.

Thank you Gary.
I wasn’t aware of this.
This really sucks.

I guess this was my last iPhone…

Hi
I am trying to change the iCloud username and password. I go to devices and then press configure, follow the screen and type new username and password. I receive an alert on my iPhone. I allow and then type the code on the iCloud configuration screen but the code is not accepted. I have tried multiple times with no luck. As the code is not accepted the new username and password is not saved.

Is there a way I can update the iCloud username and password in any configuration file.
Thanks

@jainpankaj
What version of iCloud3 are you running?

1. Go to the Configure Settings > iCloud Account & iOS App Data Sources screen.
  2. Enter the n new username and password
  3. Select Login and click Submit
  4. You will get the 6-digit verification code. Enter that code on the Enter/Request Verification Code screen and click Submit. If the code has expired or does not work, 5. Select Request a verification Code and Submit. Then enter that number.
    That will take you back to the iCloud Account screen.
  5. Select Save and Submit.
  6. Then Exit and Restart iCloud3

If that does not work,

1. edit the config/.storage/icloud3/configuration file.
  2. Change the username and password parameters.
  3. Save the file and restart iCloud3 or HA
  4. Follow the same procedures above for entering the code.

I’m sure there’s an obvious answer to this even if it’s not obvious to me…

In the Find My app on iPhone or Mac, the People tab shows the correct current location of a family member (who is currently away from home) with a very recent update time.

In contrast, the Devices tab of the same app shows their iPhone as being uncontactable for the past few hours and therefore thinks it’s location is still at home.

Now I’m pretty sure they’ve got their iPhone set to wifi enabled (using the wifi where they’re currently located) but they’ve got mobile data and Bluetooth off.

Is it possible with the icloud3 integration to access the location that iCloud gives in the People tab instead of the Devices tab?

@spry-salt
Not that I know of. Apple provides a web address that provides location and device information that iCloud3 uses. As far as I know, there is no other web access to that data… These hooks are all undocumented so it is difficult finding new ones. When you add in password and 2fa requirements, it’s doubtful that anything will ever be made available that can be used by a Python program

Thanks Gary. It’s an undocumented mystery then.

Thank you for icloud3 v3. I have followed directions but stuck on the dashboard screen. I copied and pasted your confi info and replaced your details with my iphone info, but I’m getting an error when saving it.

Error:
Unable to parse YAML: YAMLException: bad indentation of a mapping entry (26:9) 23 | name: TravTime 24 | - entity: sensor.russell_i … 25 | name: NextUpdt 26 | - type: glance --------------^ 27 | columns: 5 28 | entities

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am using iCloud v3
Here are the screenshots
So I go to the iCloud configuration

And enter the new iCloud username and password

I then get to a screen to send verification code to the apple id and enter the code on iCloud3

I now get a message that the verification code was incorrect

I also tried the config file route. and used the File Editor add on, but i Cant find a folder config/.storage

Thanks for your continued support. Please guide me through.

I managed to change the username password from the /config/.storage. But my password is now in plain text. And I can’t find a way to change it.

There seems to be an issue in the code. So, when you change the username and password from the iCloud3 configuration in HA, the first time my iphone receive the notification and I get the 6 digit code, but then HA screen forces you to enter the verification code and this time it fails. I suspect that this time it could be useing the old username and password combo.

Is there a way I can enter the encode the password and add it directly to the configuration file?

I managed tio fix it. This was the workaround
from the configuration file in config/.storage delete the username and password. It should look like this

"username": "",
"password": "",
"encode_password": true,

save the file and reboot HA then go to iCloud configuration and update username and password. Now choose the option “Save ->Update Configuration file, return to menu screen” and not the default option “Login → Log into the iCloud account…”.

Now reboot HA and this time if you try and login to iCloud the 6 digit code will be accepted.

Sorry for disturbing you with another failure.

I downloaded v3 rc8 (see added picture) and installed it so far, iphone is tracked so far. But the event Log Card does not work.

Although I downloaded the v3 rc8 I get only the event log of v2.47 (see 2nd picture) . The file icloud3-event-log-card.js is generated at 15.10.2023. Is that suitable for the v3? What did I wrong ? Can anybody support?

BR Thomas

@tomdidi
You need to clear your browser cache. See iCloud3 docs here for more info

I have no devices listed so am unable to set up. Did not come from v2. Just says Unknown Error.

@bkr1969
Somehow. a file (const_more_info.py) was missing from the zip and GitHub iCloud3 directory. I’ve rebuilt the release and you should be OK now.

Get the release again and you should be OK.

Good to go. Thanks!

@gcobb321 : I was to impatient again. The event log works, but there is another bug in my setup. Please see below.

Thx for your infinite patience.
BR Thomas

@tomdidi
Hmmm. There was nothing below.

@gcobb321 Still struggling with the 80% sitting in front of.

Now after several clearings of browser cache, the event log is visible. But it’s still stuck with actual data (hardcopy below). When I look to the right side, the iOSApp location is requested since nearly 2 days! But how do I have to do this? When I look to the left side, the topics cannot be filled up, due to missing requests?

Do you need any further docs or information for a support?

Thanks in advance.
BR Thomas