iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3

HA recreated all of your entities and only HA knows for sure. The only way I know of is to go to the Settings > Devices & settings > Entities screen, select each one, click on the gear icon and change the entity name. It’s a pain but I do not know of any other way to fix what HA did.

Hm, strange.
When I technically renamed the entities, they got “lost”. Their icon changed to an eye, and on the devices overview page of icloud they appeared as offline, so the link got destroyed with this.
I ws able to fix the naming by removing the device completely from icloud and then adding it again, now it has the names without _2 at the end again.

@flobidan
Good to know

Any chance of getting the avatar for the user? Example below from iCloud settings on device. Thanks.

@TheTransplant
Not a chance. Convert it to an image file (png, jpg) and specify that on the device configuration in the picture parameter.

1 Like

I’ve been comparing the update frequency between the HA app tracker and the iCloud3 one specifically for when I arrive home. Typically the HA app tracker changes to the Home zone between 5-30 seconds faster than iCloud3 on my iPhone.

Is there a reason why the iCloud3 tracker takes longer to update?

@benjani85
The mobile app will update before the iCloud3 state will change to Home (or any zone) by a few seconds because the Mobile App runs on the device whose location changes and notifies HA of the change. HA then changes the location, which is then picked up by iCloud3.

iCloud3 checks theMobile App for location changes or location triggers every 5-secs. It may be a little longer in some cases if iCloud3 is handling other location updates for other devices.

1 Like

I am running Cloud3 and tracking of my wife’s and my iPhone works great. Thanks.
Is there any way to turn on tracks so the path taken will leave dots or a line for a period of time?

See the HA Mask card. I think that will show your track but I haven’t done it so I’m not positive.

Hi @gcobb321,
Thanks so much for this. It looks great. I’m relatively new to these forums and very new to icloud3 so this may sound a like a stupid question. Where do I find the ap to download onto my iPhone?
It doesn’t seem to be on the App Store (at least, not the Australian App Store) and I can’t find it anywhere by googling it.
I presume it still uses the app because the documentation and program refer to the app.
Sorry to bother with what, I’m sure, will turn out to be an obvious question … I just really want to take advantage of the full functionality.
thanks so much

what is happening to my position?
TL is my work which is 30 minutes drive from Doma (Home) but my icloud device tracker is tracking my iphone teleporting from work to home every few minutes ( I have been at work for several hours though).

It is every 10 minutes because of this automation

alias: iCloud3 locate all /10m
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    minutes: /10
condition: []
action:
  - service: icloud3.action
    metadata: {}
    data:
      command: Locate Device(s) using iCloud FamShr
mode: single

but why it is putting me 30 km away? not sure

@AlexA

Google Home Assistant Companion App and it will point to the docs.

Hi Gary.Thank you for the work you’ve done. Recently, I had a problem, my wife’s phone stopped showing her location. Everything is fine with my phone. Here’s what’s in the logs :
06-05 00:01:45 Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/config/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3_main.py ", line 279, in _polling_loop_5_sec_device
self._main_5sec_loop_update_tracked_devices_icloud(Device)
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3_main.py”, line 477, in _main_5sec_loop_update_tracked_devices_icloud
or icloud_data_handler.no_icloud_update_needed_tracking(Device)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/icloud_data_handler.py”, line 35, in no_icloud_update_needed_tracking
elif (Device.is_next_update_time_reached is False
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/device.py”, line 1524, in is_next_update_time_reached
return Gb.this_update_secs >= self.FromZone_NextToUpdate.next_update_secs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘next_update_secs’

Help me figure out this problem. Thank you in advance

@dimadon11

1. Go into the Configure Settings > Update Devices screen and check the configuration for her p phone. Make sure the zones in the various fields are valid. Make sure the famshr and mobile app selection is correct.
  2. Review the Event Log and see what is going on and if there are any messages.
  3. And see if the problem continues.
  4. Verify you are running the latest version.
  5. Look at Event Log > Actions > Show Tracking Monitors and see if there are any errors.

If it continues, we’ll need to turn on Debug Log messages and look at some files but try the above stuff first.

1. The zones are all valid both famshr and mobile
    The application is selected correctly
  2. There are no messages in the event log
  3. My version is 3.0.5.1

2024-06-06 06:38:27.800 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone_dname’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/event_log.py”, line 330, in post_event
from_zone_dname = Device.FromZone_BeingUpdated.from_zone_dname
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone_dname’
2024-06-06 06:38:27.803 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘interval_secs’
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/icloud_data_handler.py”, line 327, in update_device_with_latest_raw_data
_get_devdata_useable_status(Device, FAMSHR)
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/icloud_data_handler.py”, line 547, in _get_devdata_useable_status
and Device.FromZone_BeingUpdated.interval_secs >= 15
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘interval_secs’
2024-06-06 06:38:27.806 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone_dname’
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/event_log.py”, line 330, in post_event
2024-06-06 06:38:27.809 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone_dname’
2024-06-06 06:38:27.811 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone_dname’
2024-06-06 06:38:27.881 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.icloud3] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/device.py”, line 2166, in update_sensor_values_from_data_fields
self.interval_secs = self.FromZone_NextToUpdate.interval_secs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2024-06-06 06:38:27.882 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone’
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3_main.py”, line 913, in process_updated_location_data
self._get_tracking_results_and_update_sensors(Device, data_source)
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3_main.py”, line 1016, in _get_tracking_results_and_update_sensors
from_zone = Device.FromZone_TrackFrom.from_zone
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone’
2024-06-06 06:38:27.883 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [custom_components.icloud3] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3_main.py”, line 913, in process_updated_location_data
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3_main.py”, line 1016, in _get_tracking_results_and_update_sensors
2024-06-06 06:38:27.995 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.frame] Detected that custom integration ‘yandex_station’ accesses hass.helpers.intent. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2024.11, it should be updated to import functions used from intent directly at custom_components/yandex_station/intent.py, line 24: hass.helpers.intent.async_register(handler), please create a bug report at Issues · AlexxIT/YandexStation · GitHub
2024-06-06 06:38:28.039 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of dataplicity is taking over 10 seconds.
2024-06-06 06:38:28.055 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: ‘dict object’ has no attribute ‘battery’ when rendering ‘{{ value_json.battery}}’
2024-06-06 06:38:30.226 ERROR (SyncWorker_26) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘interval_secs’
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/icloud_data_handler.py”, line 327, in update_device_with_latest_raw_data
_get_devdata_useable_status(Device, FAMSHR)
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/icloud_data_handler.py”, line 547, in _get_devdata_useable_status
and Device.FromZone_BeingUpdated.interval_secs >= 15
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2024-06-06 06:38:30.228 ERROR (SyncWorker_26) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone_dname’
2024-06-06 06:38:30.229 ERROR (SyncWorker_26) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone_dname’
2024-06-06 06:38:30.231 ERROR (SyncWorker_26) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone_dname’
2024-06-06 06:38:30.246 ERROR (SyncWorker_26) [custom_components.icloud3] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/device.py”, line 2166, in update_sensor_values_from_data_fields
self.interval_secs = self.FromZone_NextToUpdate.interval_secs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2024-06-06 06:38:30.247 ERROR (SyncWorker_26) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘from_zone’
2024-06-06 06:38:30.248 ERROR (SyncWorker_26) [custom_components.icloud3] Traceback (most recent call last):
2024-06-06 06:38:30.249 ERROR (SyncWorker_26) [custom_components.icloud3] ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘next_update_secs’
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3_main.py”, line 279, in _polling_loop_5_sec_device
self._main_5sec_loop_update_tracked_devices_icloud(Device)
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/icloud3_main.py”, line 477, in _main_5sec_loop_update_tracked_devices_icloud
or icloud_data_handler.no_icloud_update_needed_tracking(Device)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/support/icloud_data_handler.py”, line 35, in no_icloud_update_needed_tracking
elif (Device.is_next_update_time_reached is False
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File “/config/custom_components/icloud3/device.py”, line 1524, in is_next_update_time_reached
return Gb.this_update_secs >= self.FromZone_NextToUpdate.next_update_secs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘next_update_secs’

Uploading: msg1328567824-35743.jpg…

@dimadon11
I would like to see some Log files to see what is going on.

Open up an issue from this problem to help me keep track of it since this area is more for general questions.

1. Click the bug icon at the top right corner of the Event Log

Then…

1. Go to Event Log > Actions > Start Debug Logging
  2. Restart HA to get a clean log file.
  3. After all it these errors occur, send the icloud3-0.log file to [email protected] . Hopefully, there will be enough info in it to see what is going on.

Gary

@Proche72
The command parameter should be just locate without all of the extra text.

If you want to locate each device every 10-minute, I would suggest you use the fixed_interval parameter on the Configure Settings > Update Devices screen for each device.

1 Like

I have sent you the file by e-mail