IKEA FYRTUR block-out roller blind support

Thanks for reply.

Downgrade is over my paygrade. Is that the software in hassio or firmware?

How do i do that?

I was lucky and had a snapshot with that version.

Do either of these give you a battery indicator that actually updates ?

Tradfri gateway = no battery indicator for me
ZHA-integration = I get a “power” sensor for each blind. I dont yet know if its reliable or accurate, but I suppose so as it updates at regular intervals.

Hi.

I’m having the same issue as @Bergh2 and others where my up arrow is greyed out. I already have a deconz container running for a long time now, but I never activated VNC.

Noob question, is it possible to edit my docker container to activate it and be able to ultimately fix this fyrtur isse? Or is the only option to delete that container and create a new one? (hope not, it’ll take me forever to put everything back up and running :frowning: )

Thanks!

My up arrow is grey when the roller is in the top position, when not in top position it “comes alive” again.
I run all my lights, sensors and motion on the conbee II with deconz, but the Fyrtur Blinds on the IKEA gateway controller.
So i was glad i kept the IKEA gateway controller, because the fyrtur and deconz was a pain to try to setup.

My entry always has the up arrow greyed out, irregardless of the position of the blind. I also found just now that it does show the correct position of the blind in the slider (e.g.: blind is 40% opened and it always shows 100%)

TBH I wanted to keep all devices under the conbee, I’ll try to see if some docker/deconz master can help me on this one. If not, I might need to bring back the Tradfri gateway.

1 Like

Ok, got the up arrow and percentage to report correctly.

Now, off to the second issue - anyone knows how to invert the percentage? Right now it reports 100% when open and 0% when closed, should be the opposite.

Edit: for the up arrow greyed out I followed the instructions here, also reported by @karobo :

1 Like

I use this blind via ZHA very unreliable massive delays between command being sent and blind moving.

And when asking Google to open or close via Nabu casa the blind does nothing have to ask it twice to get it to move.

The battery doesn’t update on its own only if you manually read the battery remaining cluster.

The remote battery doesn’t seem to work at all in ZHA

Not a very good experience tbh in smartthings never had an issue with this blind.

I’ve switched from their gateway to ZHA to Deconz and now back to ZHA, it’s the least bad of the experiences, I also notice delays of ~ 5 seconds for each command.
Also the blind gets stuck in a “opening” or “closing” position, so I just wrote an automation that triggers on a state change (no additional parameters) of the blind and calls update_entity after 20s…

That’s odd, I have two Fyrtur linked to my ZHA instance (GoControl USB stick) and they work perfectly.

Albeit I do experience the delay.

What was wrong with them in deconz?

They wouldn’t respond to any commands after a few hours and needed to be re-paired.
I’ve updated HA to 0.113 and now they work a little better, still a noticable delay though

Not sure why there is this delay there is a huge delay on ZHA too and I think this delay is cause Google home to not work with the blind if I ask it to move it says ok but blind doesn’t move and to say it a second time to get it to move.

The blind works instantly on Smartthings and that’s cloud based.

Not sure what is wrong with HA in regards to these blinds.

Seems like no one wants to try and get to the bottom of this issue which is a shame I don’t want to have to buy a IKEA gateway I don’t want more hubs.

No Problems here, work perfekt in HA.

1 Like

What’s your setup? Is the position being reported?

Yes works ok inside UI but using Google home blind doesn’t move

Those of you what have these… are you near a IKEA store, or will they ship them via UPS/FedEx/etc? trying to order some on the site and it seems as if only their delivery trucks will run them, but have to be close to a store. I am 9hrs+ from the nearest one. Could be just the Covid plague causing issues.

There is nothing wrong with HA and FYRTUR, I use them all the time (also with Google Home) but with the IKEA Gateaway talking to HA, if you are using something else it’s probably that thing causing the issues