IKEA FYRTUR block-out roller blind support

So you are using the HA with FYRTUR and the Ikea HUB?

or are you using HA and FYRTUR with some other means of connection?

Yes, IKEA Gateway/Hub talks to HA and Google Home, I can tell GH to open close blinds and I can use HA to do the same

thank you for clarifying.

Hi folks - for those who are interested in pairing the blinds via ZHA: I recently tried pairing 5 blinds with HA via ZHA. I paired each of the included repeaters via ZHA - after resetting them using the pinhole - and then placed the repeaters around the house, including in the rooms that would include the blinds.

After pairing the repeaters, I then tried two methods for pairing the blinds with HA. First, I carried each blind and placed it right next to the HUSBZB-1 USB controller that I’m using. I held down the up and down buttons on the top of the blinds to reset them. I then added some of the blinds to ZHA. I noticed that the paired blinds didn’t show a battery status. Also, after having installed the blinds, I saw that either the up or down arrow would be grayed out.

I then tried pairing the blinds directly with the nearest repeater, again placing the blinds right next to the repeater. I experienced the same result with unresponsive battery status and greyed out arrow(s).

A potential fix: per guidance from Carlos_Roldao (thanks @Carlos_Roldao), I began exploring the “Manage Clusters” option under the shade device settings. Caveat: I’m a complete noob, having only been involved in HA for about a month, and having only implemented ZHA yesterday.

To get the battery status to report:

1. Click on the Manage Clusters button in the shade’s device settings
  2. Under the Clusters section at the top, select “DoublingPowerConfigurationCluster” from the pull-down menu.
  3. Under the Cluster Attributes section, choose “battery_percentage_remaining” from the pull-down menu. Not that this is near the bottom of the pull-down menu. Be sure not to select anything for “battery_2” or “battery_3” which you’ll see first in the pull-down menu.
  4. Also in the Cluster Attributes section, click the “Get Zigbee Attribute” button. A number should now appear in the “Value” area. For me, this now appears to fix the battery status issue. When exiting out of the Manage Clusters section, I can now see the battery status reflected for the shades.

To resolve grey-out buttons in the HA UI:

1. Click on the Manage Clusters button in the shade’s device settings
  2. Under the Clusters section at the top, select “WindowCovering” from the pull-down menu.
  3. Under the Cluster Attributes section, select ““current_position_left_percentage”” from the pull-down menu.
  4. Also in the Cluster Attributes section, click the “Get Zigbee Attribute” button. A number should now appear in the “Value” area.
  5. I find that unlike the battery status process mentioned above, it helps to move the shade and poll the status a couple of times. I then move the shades, either via a functioning arrow in HA, or manually via the buttons on the top of the shade. Then I click the “Get Zigbee Attribute” button again, and get a different number in the “Value” area. I do this a couple more times, once at the top shade position, once or so in the around the middle position, and then at the bottom shade position.
  6. Exit the Manage Clusters section and the up/down arrows. For me, the arrow buttons now function correctly.

The above fixes seemed to work whether I paired the shade directly with ZHA in the configure section, or via a repeater.

Hope this helps for folks trying to integrate the Fyrtur shades via ZHA.

11 Likes

@hmarcc

Thank you so much, the battery status + the buttons now work. I do have one question related to the slider:

This seems to be in the middle always (50%) even if the blinds or fully closed or open, did you manage to fix that?

NOTE: sliding does work but when I reopen the dialog prompt it is again fixed to the middle point even though it’s lets day 70% closed.

I also notice a delay sometimes when clicking on the arrows.

I couldn’t figure out how to fix the slider, unfortunately. The other thing is that after using the blinds a few time, the buttons reverted back to the greyed-out status. Have the buttons been working consistently for you?

It seems like they do but they need some time (sometimes 5 min)

Hey Folks,

there is anyway to have the IKEA Fyrtur integration working on HA 0.93? I just bought one thinking it will work as the gateway was detected, but wasn’t aware they had support to the blinds later in time.

Any advice would be welcome!
Thank you,
Paulo

Its not supported in 0.93. I think the support was integrated in 0.100 and above.
Maybe it woks with deCONZ.

Anyone able to give me a pointer on how to setup a button to set the blinds to say 50% open? I have them setup through deconz and are working well with the ikea buttons and the slider widget in HA, just can’t seem to figure out how I create an automation that will set them to X% open?

I am using HUSBZB-1 (ZHA). I did not get the TRÅDFRI gateway as I don’t want an additional hub.

Reading through this thread (and multiple other postings on the web) I was able to add the IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI Signal Repeater and IKEA of Sweden FYRTUR block-out roller blind to HA. I was even able to resolve the no battery reading and greyed out up arrow (thanks to all the tips in this thread).

The problem I have is I can either pair the blind to HA or to the Remote Button but not both. When I pair it to HA the Remote button doesn’t work and when I pair it to the Remote button HA doesn’t work. I would like to be able to automate the blind via HA but still retain manual control via the remote button. Has anyone been able to do this?

Worst case will this work if I integrate via the TRÅDFRI gateway?

1 Like

I figured out how to add all 3, the repeater, blind and remote to HA. I reset the repeater and remote and added it to HA. Then I added the blind via the repeater entity. Automation using set_cover_position, open_cover, close_cover, stop_cover and toggle all work.

What I still can’t figure out is how to use the remote to trigger the above call service. I didn’t see any event triggered (zha_event) on any of the button press of the blind remote nor any state change.

Hardware:
QNAP TS-453
HUSBZB-1 USB Hub

Software
Docker Container
Home Assistant 0.117.6

Steps to pair

IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI Signal Repeater

1. factory reset inserting pin and holding for 10 seconds
  2. pair the Signal Repeater to Home Assistant via the Zigbee Coordinator

IKEA of Sweden FYRTUR block-out roller blind

1. factory reset and put the blind in pair mode by long holding both up and down buttons > 5 seconds. Need to wait pasted the quick flashing white light till it becomes a steady white light
  2. pair the blind to Home Assistant via newly added Signal Repeater. Best to hold the blind right next to the repeater.

KE TRADFRI open/close remote

1. factory reset the remote. Open the back of the remote. Press the pairing button on the remote control 4 times. The remote will blink red 4 times
  2. pair the remote to Home Assistant via the Zigbee Coordinator. Best to hold the remote right by the HUSBZB-1 USB Hub. Press and hold the pairing button for at least 10 seconds on the wireless open/close remote. A red light will shine steadily on the open/close remote. When paired the light will go out.

Follow the steps from @hmarcc to resolve the battery status and greyed out buttons:

At this point you should be able to control the blind in Home Assistant UI and via automation. I used NodeRed.

<Some trigger> (e.g. time, sunrise/sunset/offset) → call service (set_cover_position) → call service (open_cover/close_cover) → trigger (wait for) → call service (update_entity)

the reason I used the wait and last service call is to let the action finish and to force an update so the UI will reflect the correct/updated position of the position slider and the correct /updated status icon of the blind.

By far the hardest part was getting the remote to work with the blind!
I tried to listen and capture the event and/or state change of the remote button click via Developer Tools → Events for zha_event but I never saw anything.

I finally was able to make the remote button work by performing these steps.

Steps to bind remote button (so remote button can control the blind too)

Integrations → Zigbee Home Automation → Configure → Groups
Click Add button
Group Name = Ikea
Select IKEA of Sweden FYRTUR block-out roller blind
Click Create Group
Integrations → Zigbee Home Automation → n devices

KE TRADFRI open/close remote
Manage Clusters
Group Binding – Bindable Groups → select the group created above
I am not sure which one is applicable (maybe LightLink, WindowCovering?) so I selected all the endpoints and clicked Bind Group.

IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI Signal Repeater
Manage Clusters
I am not sure which one is applicable (maybe LightLink?) so I selected all the endpoints and clicked Bind Group.

IKEA of Sweden FYRTUR block-out roller blind
I am not sure which one is applicable (maybe LightLink?) so I selected all the endpoints and clicked Bind Group.

I had been doing some Googling about Zigbee binding - not 100% understand everything I am reading but that fixed it for me. Hope this helps someone!

This works for one blind and one remote. I’m guessing if there is another remote to control another blind then another group would need to be established. I am planning on getting additional blinds now that I confirmed this solution works for me. Will update this thread.

16 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I was able to set up two IKEA blinds. For some reason the process of setting up the group binding didn’t work the first time. With both blinds I had to do the group binding on all the devices twice. It might be because I didn’t wait long enough for it to take effect, but everything works fine. I can control them using their button or through home assistant. As a bonus, the blinds are also controllable by Google Assistant now too.

Thanks again!

Great post, thanks so much - that would have taken me months to sort out.

Just one last thing though
 I’m having major probs getting the group binding to work so that the remote works with the blind.

When I click ‘Bind Group’ in Manage Cluster, nothing happens.
And when I look at the group, there are no devices available to add apart from the battery sensor. Apart from that, it seems to work OK.

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 19.32.22

Any suggestions.

Thank you.

I don’t see any member in the group you created. Did you add the blind to the group? This is what mine look like:

Thats the problem, its not available in the list to add it to the group. The add members list only shows the battery.

Select checkbox by Bedr and click Add Member

1 Like

Oh dear - afraid i’ve been a total idiot and misread the specific instructions. I’ve spent 4 hours on this now and as you’ve just pointed out, I didn’t realise the Bedr device included both the switch and the blind, I just read ‘battery’ and thought it wasn’t showing it.

Anyway, all is working fine now on my new ConbeeII stick.

Huge thanks for your help and the hugely informative post, enjoy the rest of your evening - if it is evening where you are.

Thanks,
Amanda

Been a few months and I havent been able to figure this out, is this not possible?