IKEA Remotes E1810 and IKEA Dimmers E1743 battery drain after switching to Skyconnect

I changed my configuration from Conbee-II to skyconnect. Since i did that some IKEA remotes drain the battery in two days. Skyconnect is in Multipan-mode. All remotes are connected directly with the coordinator, only battery-powered devices in this network, all bulbs are connected to my hue bridge.
I am running
Home Assistant 2023.2.1
Supervisor 2023.01.1
Operating System 9.5

I receive this:
Dimmer_1 Checkin event was fired
07:49:51 - Vor 14 Stunden
06:53:03 - Vor 15 Stunden
05:56:15 - Vor 16 Stunden
04:59:27 - Vor 17 Stunden
04:02:40 - Vor 18 Stunden
03:05:52 - Vor 19 Stunden
02:09:04 - Vor 20 Stunden
01:12:16 - Vor 21 Stunden
00:15:29 - Vor 22 Stunden

I turned off ota now, to see if this solves this.
Is there anyone having the same issue?

Greetings
Markus

1 Like

Almost…

The Zigbee coordinator in a Yellow is the same SilLabs device that is in SkyConnect.

I’ve also created Github issue 87495.

There’s a very long history of IKEA remotes having very poor battery life, particularly with ZHA (Z2MQTT is suggested to be better):

I have the same issue… Battery life was not a problem for my Tradfri on/off buttons at all when using conbee II with zha. I recently switched to skyconnect, but sadly now all batteries on the Tradfri buttons are completely empty within hours! I’m thinking of switching back to conbee… That’s a lot easier than moving to z2mqtt…

I’d suggest waiting until 2023.3 and enabling ZHA firmware updates as at least the 5-button remote is much improved.

Basically, the latest IKEA 5-button firmware reduces polling => better battery life, fixes a few other things, but these changes need a new “quirks” file. My solved GitHub issue has help from the devs confirming the root cause and that you can either wait for the next release or install “quirks” manually.

There are also other things to try now to try and force a mesh recalculation:

If this helps, :heart: this post!

I have the same problem after switching from Conbee-II.
I have several IKEA-Remotes, but I also have all lighets in the Home-Assistant.
A battery can work perfect almost a weeek, then suddenly it drains it in short time.

I have exactly the same battery drain problem with my IKEA Fyrtur blinds after switching from Conbee to SkyConnect.

They used to last month’s between recharges but it is now weeks.

I also see the sudden drop off like in the graph above