IKEA Smart Lighting (Zigbee)

find this one!!!

http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/80338960/?query=80338960

The gateway is rumored to be locked down to the app. Let’s hope that’s not the case.

/R

1 Like

@torbjorn2000
Im getting the exact same issue as you are. Have you figured out a way to many name the device without using the OSRAM app?
It seems as this lib is what HASS is using:

Cannot find any info if you are able to rename a device.

I fix might be to change the home assistant component to name the device from its mac instead of its name in the osram gateway. That way all lights would have a unique name atleast. And then you can customize that in home assistant with the correct name. Will look into this.

@Yeitso I have not found any fix yet
 I have two E14 bulbs that show up in Osram app, they have I renamed there successfully. But the E27 bulb does not show up in Osram app, but in hass as “unnamed_device”. I have no idea why Osram will not show it, but hass? it must be present in Osram in some way, since hass gets all information from Osram gateway.

Will try with a new E27 bulb soon and see if it does not show up either, and then check what name it gets.

What do you mean by the MAC adress? You mean for the lights that shows up in Osram app? Do you have an example?

When the gateway sends binary data to home assistant the respons to device listning includes name, MAC-adress of the lamp, on/off state, birghtness, colortemp, rgb-state as far as i know.

Home assistants component takes the name from this respons and uses this as name for the entities it creates.
If it where to use the MAC when creating the entities so it would be named light.XXXXXXXXXXXX it would always be the same name on every restart as the mac-adresses on the devices are static and constant.

im looking into changing the code to do that when naming the entities.

The Lamps does not show up in the app no. But that might be some software issue with the app like only showing supported ZLL devices. might get fixed by Osram who knows.

I got IKEA TrÄdfri to work with HASS with the RaspBee ( https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/funktechnik/solutions/wireless-light-control/raspbee/?L=1 ) and thier software deCONZ.

deCONZ have a REST API that emulate a Hue Bridge. Works also to connect Hue bulbs as well.

1 Like

Does this include colortemp and dimming as well. I mean can you control with hass?? :thinking:

oh yes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. How do you see what the Osram sends to hass? Is it possible to enable debug logging?

I have found the device in the OSRAM API now aswell:
[{“deviceId”:1,“deviceType”:“LIGHT”,“manufacturer”:“OSRAM”,“modelName”:“TRADFRI bulb E27 WSïżœopal 980lm”,“name”:null,“groupList”:[],“bmpClusters”:null,“online”:1,“on”:0,“brightnessLevel”:1.0,“hue”:303.75,“saturation”:1.0,“temperature”:3638,“firmwareVersion”:“11115720”,“color”:“10000F”}]

I ran theese commands:
curl -s -H ‘Content-Type: application/json’ -X POST -d ‘{“username” : “j*****@.com", “password” : "", “serialNumber” : "OSR0**”}’ https://eu.lightify-api.org/lightify/services/session

and with that i got a securityToken that i used in this command:

curl -s -H ‘Content-Type: application/json’ -H “authorization:INSERTSECURITYTOKEN” -X GET https://eu.lightify-api.org/lightify/services/devices

So the device is found. Now lets see if we can set name to anything.

Can anyone say if these guys work with Hue bridge?

Did the same thing and found the device! Cool. One difference with the others were that the E27 bulb that does not show up in Osram app has a strange character in modelName property:

"modelName":"TRADFRI bulb E27 WSïżœopal 980lm"

Compared to another that shows up:

"modelName":"TRADFRI bulb E14 WS opal 400lm"

Maybe that’s why it won’t show up, parsing the model fails.

Hmm interesting! that might be it!
Im atm having a mail conversation with lightify and I will report this find.

If you are running a really old 2015 firmware then yes. otherwise no.
Raspbee does run them.

Thanks. Shame that.
Do you know why that is? I thought all ZLL bulbs were inter-operational.
E.g. pretty sure that Hue bridge works with osram lightify and innr bulbs (except with apple homekit)

The awnser from Philips what that the IKEA bulbs did not follow ZLL the way that Philips interprets the ZLL. It looks like it mixes in some ZHA things. Not sure why but Philips are working with Ikea to solve this.

1 Like

thanks. again :slight_smile:
Hope they sort it out.

Thanks for the information! Yes I read somewhere else (concerning Ikea and Hue) that Ikea does not follow protocol exactly. But it is also strange the some bulbs work, some not.

Great that they try to solve it!

Hi did you test it?? I did and it works like they discripe, but my programming knowledge is not enought to implement it in HASS. :confused: