IKEA Smart Lighting (Zigbee)

Hi!

Would you share some more details on this?

• Was it hard to set up?
  • How do you add devices?
  • Is it push or pull?
  • How does it work with remotes?

/R

1 Like

Hi,

It was easy, it’s an add on to RPi (2 and 3). One thing, it needs to have X windows.

I add devices to the system by accessing a webpage (internet, not a cloud system) and press open zigbee network. And then it shows in the Hass.

Unfortunately I don’t know if it push or pull,

I can add a remote but you can only turn on/off the lights and dim. You can’t use the arrow remote for let’s say change scen.

Ok, thanks! Did you also try going the Zigbee lights component way?

/R

Zigbee light component when adding the remote?

I did everyway that was possible

I meant as an alternative to using deconz at all.

Sorry, no I haven’t tried that.

If you try it out please post your findings :slight_smile:

Got this answer from Lightify customer service:

Dear Johan,

thank you for your reply and info, we will forward the info to the manager.

Kind regards,
Nico

Your LIGHTIFY Support-Team

1 Like

It seems like IKEA is going to have their own Gateway device for around 200-300 SEK, on their homepage they are stating that it will be released 2017-03-31, but when contacting the support they say it is going to be delayed.

I have been trying to find the app for controlling the gateway on the play store (its going to be named TrÄdfri) to se if we can reverse engineer it.
But i guess they wont publish it there before they release the gateway.

There are PDF manuals available on the Ikea site

I only skimmed the content, do they contain anything of use?

No not much info at all.
Here is the main one:

One letdown is För att anvĂ€nda gatewayen behöver du en internetuppkoppling. and that means you will have to be connected to the internet for the gateway to work, so if we are unlucky its just a dum box that is controlled from some server on the internet

Or that it is dependant on the cloadservice being provided by IKEA?

@Kimpan that is what i meant, a cloud service still has to run one or multiple servers :slight_smile:.

According the “unnamed device”-problem, today Osram released a new version of its iPhone app, and then the Ikea bulb showed up. Although with a warning sign and I was unable to interact with it. But it shows up. One small step.

“Device 01” in screen shot.

Hi

Can i manage IKEA Smart light with Philips Hue hub and HA?

IKEA launches its own low-cost smart lighting range

Sweet. I’ll be off to Wembley Ikea to have a look sometime soon.

Actually I’ll hold off for a while. Despite that Engadget article statinf uk launch none of the products are on ikea uk website yet