IKEA Smart Lighting (Zigbee)

Talking of…

The site is not really working for me, everywhere I click it wants me to choose a country site and then information is gone. What does it say under “Learn about IKEA Smart lighting & ZigBee Light Link protocol”?

If I go to uk specific ikea site I cannot see any of the tradfri products - neither by search or by navigating.
Also the app is not in uk AppStore yet as far as I can see. So the press release was in advance of availability

Ok if you dont click the links, but right mouse click and copy them to the clipboard then paste what appears after /smart-lighting/ into the original link, then they work… :slight_smile:

http://www.ikea.com/ms/sv_SE/customer-service/about-our-products/smart-lighting/getting-started.html

http://www.ikea.com/ms/sv_SE/customer-service/about-our-products/smart-lighting/how-to-use.html#compatibility

:cry:

As for the products list…

But appears pretty comprehensive list of accessories here

http://www.ikea.com/ms/sv_SE/customer-service/about-our-products/smart-lighting/how-to-use.html

Thanks for screen shots!

So no API in the beginning, but will come sooner maybe.

Hope it will be a local API towards gateway and not to their server.

1 Like

The app is now available on the google play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ikea.tradfri.lighting
Not sure yet if it can be reversed there are atleast 2 native components to it libwolfssl.so and libwolfssljni.so with some luck that is just a ssl library.

Also on iOS store, too.

2 Likes

Is the motion sensor available?

So, while a few people already integrated the smart bulbs into HA, would you be so kind and subscribe how you did that? I want to start with Home Automation with these bulbs, because (IMHO) smart lighting is the first step into these topics.

In the US is available: bulb + motion senosr at 24$ … very cool.

Any news when available in Europe?

Are they both commandable from HASS?

focus your attention on smart switches and sensors … you will find out that that’s the way to go …

The gateway needs to be integrated with HASS, its so new that i don’t think anyone has had a chance to look at it yet.

I have tried to just check what network packages are sent when you try to search for a gateway but failed…
(Sadly i don’t have access to a physical android phone, if i did i would use the Packet Capture app and dump all network packages leaving the Trådfri app, and analyse those).

1 Like

I just got two IKEA bulbs: a GU10 and an E27, both with tunable colour temperature. I would like to use them with my Osram Lightify gateway that I use with HASS. I was able to pair the bulbs with the gateway; in the Osram app I can switch and dim them, but not change the colour temp; in HASS I can also switch and dim them; additionally, HASS pretends I can change the RGB, but choosing a colour of course has no effect. I cannot change the colour temperature.

Was anyone able to fully control the bulbs with Lightify? @malx122, you mentioned you can even change the colour temperature in HASS? Did that work out of the box or is there some way to tell HASS these are not RGB bulbs? It would be super awesome being able to fully control the bulbs with my existing setup.

My Osram gateway saw the E27 bulb right away (the 1000lm version.the one without the blueish light). The app doesnt seem to be able to dim, only turn on off…but hass can dim and switch.

Oh wow, I just realized it actually works - switching, dimming and changing the color temperature! It’s just that HASS doesn’t display the color temperature slider in the frontend at first. But if I call light.turn_on with the "color_temp" attribute, it works like a charm and then the slider also magically appears! It seems the capabilities of the bulb are not properly discovered; one could add an option to manually specify them in the config (like for the mqtt_json platform).

To summarize, I can fully control my Ikea bulbs with the Lightify gateway + HASS! :tada:

2 Likes

you use the Lightfy component?

Do you have the tradfri motion/light sensor?

@anon35356645, I use the lightify component, yes, but don’t have any Tradfri sensor; only the E27 and GU10, both white with changeable color temperature.

Ok, in case you buy/try the sensor let me know if it works with the lightyfy gateway

1 Like