Ikea switch E1743

The square Ikea on/off switch, with XBee ZHA doesn’t seem to work at all. It pairs, but shows up only as a battery sensor.

Pressing the buttons doesn’t seem to create any debug output. I wonder if this remote needs somehow to be “told” where to send commands?? There’s no output in zha_events either

The round Ikea remote (E1810) seem to work just fine.

I use these with Conbee II and Phoscon add on. It also shows as battery sensor only. Pressing button generates deconz_event on hassio event bus, that can be used to trigger some actions. I guess this should be similar for XBee… I’d use event listener to check how it looks.

I have checked the event listener…

it does seem like the deconz users are getting a little more than we are on XBee. I might dive into the drivers over the weekend and see if I can fix it.

Looking at the Smartthings driver, it does look like the hub needs to add itself to a group on the remote:

def result = []
		if (event) {
			log.debug "Creating event: ${event}"
			result = createEvent(event)
		} else if (isBindingTableMessage(description)) {
			Integer groupAddr = getGroupAddrFromBindingTable(description)
			if (groupAddr != null) {
				List cmds = addHubToGroup(groupAddr)
				result = cmds?.collect { new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(it) }
			} else {
				groupAddr = 0x0000
				List cmds = addHubToGroup(groupAddr) +
						zigbee.command(CLUSTER_GROUPS, 0x00, "${zigbee.swapEndianHex(zigbee.convertToHexString(groupAddr, 4))} 00")
				result = cmds?.collect { new physicalgraph.device.HubAction(it) }
			}
		}

It’s quite possible that the deconz binding is doing this, but the ZHA one is not. I’m guessing I need to go looking in zigpy

FWIW these are working perfectly in zigbee2mqtt, see my post here

Thanks for the pointer. I have reconfigured the device a few times, and tried pressing the buttons during the process. I can see the configuration taking place in the console and that seems to be ok. But then, just no messages coming from the remotes after that. Very strange, as they work perfectly in Smartthings, and also the round Ikea remote works perfectly in HA too.

For anyone else experiencing this, it looks like the handler was added a couple of days ago. I’ve grabbed it from here: https://github.com/dmulcahey/zha-device-handlers/commits/dm/tradfri-onoff-switch

But I guess it’ll be making its way into the main line soon.

1 Like

The link is now broken.

Did you manage to get that switch working at all with ZHA?

Yes. It seems to be working in 0.103.0 too, without any changes.

Unfortunately, I’m running 0.103.0 and I can only see “battery level changes” as a trigger for both IKEA square and round switches.

Not sure what I may have done wrong…

I’m running Hass.io on top of Raspbian/Docker, using a “NorTek GoControl CECOMINOD016164 HUSBZB-1 USB Hub”

I can’t really comment on docker, as I’m running from a venv.

The commit where it was added is here: https://github.com/dmulcahey/zha-device-handlers/commit/94019db88d9a45f38071d3b666c2bddd4a49a94c

It’s possibly it hasn’t been merged into the main line yet, so possibly isn’t available in your docker image. I think I’ve probably still got it working because the upgrade didn’t overwrite my file.

So what you need to do (and I have no idea how, or if you can do this in docker) is to take the file here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmulcahey/zha-device-handlers/dev/zhaquirks/ikea/twobtnremote.py

and put this in…

homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zhaquirks/ikea

which will probably be within your docker image somewhere

Sorry, can’t help much more than that really.

2 Likes

Thank you for your responses Martin.
A few days ago I ordered a ConBee II to see the difference with HUSBZB-1.

Oh my… in less than 1 hour I had managed to get deCONZ and the HA Integration set up, along with my IKEA on/off button, to toggle a group of 2 TP-Link Kasa wall switches. In comparison to ZHA, the user experience is stellar.

I think once these zha-device-handlers make into Hass.io, the ZHA experience might be the exact same for both of these ZigBee gateways. I’ll try again. But for now ConBee+deCONZ all the way!

1 Like

Thank you for this post. I updated to 103.3 and it still didn’t work. But I took the file posted and put it in zhaquirks and I finally got the two button switch from ikea to work.

I’m running HA under a python venv if that helps others. Then using zha_event in the event listener I was able to get button presses recognized.

Hi, does anyone know if the IKEA UP/Close should work? I can pair it via ZHA and it show up as IKEA UP/Close switch but not able to generate any trigger when pushing the buttons. In the log file the following messages appear:
2020-04-09 14:10:42 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x317e:1:0x0102] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control= manufacturer=None tsn=87 command_id=0>
2020-04-09 14:10:42 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x317e:1:0x0102] ZCL request 0x0000: []
2020-04-09 14:10:42 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x317e:1:0x0102] No handler for cluster command 0
2020-04-09 14:10:44 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x317e:1:0x0102] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control= manufacturer=None tsn=89 command_id=1>
2020-04-09 14:10:44 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x317e:1:0x0102] ZCL request 0x0001: []
2020-04-09 14:10:44 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x317e:1:0x0102] No handler for cluster command 1

Any advice will be welcome
Thanks
Bart

I’m also trying to get the Up/Close button to work to use it as a light switch!

If anyone got anything it’d be great!

Thanks

I have the exact same issue with an OSRAM dimming switch. I get battery status but nothing else.

Having the same issue. I am running home assistant on rpi3. Is there any way to copy the file @martinlong1978 posted to the folder? It seems I do not have access to the folder

I am currently trying to get the E1743 working through zha. I am able to pair it with zha however am getting no zha_event whatsoever from it. Does anyone have any recent experience with whether it is possible to link the device or not? I want to be able to detect button clicks from ha, and dont just want to bind it to a device such as a bulb.

I have a couple of these working with ZHA (Conbee I):

zha_event

Event 1 fired 15:12:
{
    "event_type": "zha_event",
    "data": {
        "device_ieee": "ec:1b:bd:ff:fe:cf:xx:xx",
        "unique_id": "ec:1b:bd:ff:fe:cf:94:7d:1:0x0006",
        "endpoint_id": 1,
        "cluster_id": 6,
        "command": "off",
        "args": []
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2020-09-03T14:12:09.061614+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "7431eb8eedef11ea88610f248e0f5775",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}
Event 0 fired 15:12:
{
    "event_type": "zha_event",
    "data": {
        "device_ieee": "ec:1b:bd:ff:fe:cf:xx:xx",
        "unique_id": "ec:1b:bd:ff:fe:cf:94:7d:1:0x0006",
        "endpoint_id": 1,
        "cluster_id": 6,
        "command": "on",
        "args": []
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2020-09-03T14:12:08.295701+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "73bd0c34edef11ea95867f70516a3705",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Zigbee device signature:

{
  "node_descriptor": "<NodeDescriptor byte1=2 byte2=64 mac_capability_flags=128 manufacturer_code=4476 maximum_buffer_size=82 maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82 server_mask=11264 maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82 descriptor_capability_field=0>",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0820",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0001",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0009",
        "0x0020",
        "0x1000",
        "0xfc7c"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0019",
        "0x0102",
        "0x1000"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "IKEA of Sweden",
  "model": "TRADFRI on/off switch",
  "class": "zhaquirks.ikea.twobtnremote.IkeaTradfriRemote2Btn"
}
Device info
TRADFRI on/off switch
by IKEA of Sweden
Conbee
Firmware: 0x22010631
Zigbee info
IEEE: ec:1b:bd:ff:fe:cf:xx:xx
Nwk: 0x7c23
Device Type: EndDevice
LQI: 255
RSSI: -58
Power Source: Battery or Unknown
Quirk: zhaquirks.ikea.twobtnremote.IkeaTradfriRemote2Btn

I am using the cc2513 from itead, instead of your conbee. My signature is the same as yours but the device info is different:

do you think i need to do a firmware update on the on/off switch?