iKEA TRADFRI Timeout validating the code

Oh no!
Did you restore folders and add-ons or did you have to reinstall that to?

I only made a backup of my config files and then I made a clean install from scratch. But with backup and restore it should work too.

Still not working here…

Hi it eventually worked for me…

When it responds timeout validating … just hit cancel and than I found a new integration registered but without security code. After that from the main integration panel if you open it it asks for the code again and it works this time !!!

Didn’t work for me, I don’t get any “new integration”. However do I have an old tradfri integration that I have removed. Maybe some code is left somewhere? anybody?

I found my problem, a bit embarrassing :slight_smile: . I tried all fixes and also to add it via “discovery” and via IP etc. in configuration.yaml with no success. As I mentioned it worked fine before but then I did some tessting and removed the IKEA intergration.
Now to the thing…I hade “hidden” under the menu “Ignored devices” the IKEA intergarion :frowning: . When removed an restart everything works fine again.

I hope this can help someone :slight_smile: .

Thank you Tiger, now my HA finds Tradfri but still getting the timeout message.

I had the same problem with the “Timeout validating the code” but then I tried the @maxton trick (scan the gateway QR code with your phone camera, then copy/paste resulting link into a text file, and then finally copy that into the Integration dialog) and it worked! Very clever!

Just so I could see the problem for myself, I copy/pasted my gateway’s Security Code into a text editor and changed the font to Courier where I could more clearly see that I was confusing a capital “I” (eye) for a lower case “l” (ell).

1 Like

Finding the tradfri is no problem, still getting the timeout.

Thank you. I got error message before when tying to connect with 2 O’s in the password so I thought I couldn´t use O in the password. After you answer, I tried again an now it works!

Maybe you have some errors in the password??

I used the code coming from the QR picture and it is exactly the same as the one I entered before.
Nothing works.

Did U try Brians way?

Yes, as stated in previous comment.

Use the code on the right side of the decimal point. That worked for me.
Sander

Just wanted to say thank you. As someone who is running HA Core and only has IKEA lights I was a frustrated I couldn’t get it to work. Your tip made it work. What puzzles me is why details like this aren’t on a dedicated HA community Tradfi wiki.

Half a year later I had re-installed my HA and ran into the same problem… Googling internet and stumbled upon this thread where I put in an answer, which worked also this time :slight_smile:

For future reference, the string gotten when scanning the QR-code looks something like this

aa-bb-af-2b-ee-4f,RanDom1LettER

I copied the RanDom1LettER into the windows asking for the security code… baam! Worked like a charm, 6 monts later on the latest HA-version 2021.1

Br

Doesn’t work with the code or with the mac address. I hate this shit.

1 Like

Hi All,

I am trying to add the IKEA DIRIGERA (Tradfri) hub into HA 2023.2.5. Thanks to the community here, I was able to determine that HOST = IP Address of the Hub. Then this thread suggests to use the second half of the large QR Code which looks a bit like this: f0c8fd207b0b32df

But I keep getting the timeout error. Both the hub and HA are plugged in via an ethernet cable directly into the router, so speed should not be an issue. I was able to add the HUE hub, but really struggling with the IKEA hub, next to tackle will be the Aqara hub.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Hi - I have the same issue as WindriderAU. Host IP verified (I can see it in “show dhcp leases” in my router and ping stops working when I unplug the Ethernet cable, so this is 100%).

And I use the 16-digit hexadecimal code, which you can read from the QR code, for security code.

But I still get the “Timeout validating the code.”

Any ideas?

(I have Home Assistant Core 2024.2.2 and IKEA Dirigera hub version 2.505.2)