Imou IP camera configuration (always inactive)

Hello, I have an Imou Rager 2 IP camera. I can acess the stream via app, or using VLC with

rtsp://192.168.1.xxx:xxx/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

and i provide my username and pasword after that.

Well, the thing is… I’m trying to use it in HA (Hassio/docker in Lubuntu) and i configured yaml like this:

camera:
- platform: generic
  still_image_url: http://192.168.xxx.xxx:554/cam/realmonitor
  stream_source: rtsp://192.168.1.xxx:xxx/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
  name: imou
  username: admin
  password: xxx

But it always apear as “inactive” and even if everything is ok with the stream in VLC with the same rtsp…I can’t configure it in Home Assistant.

Does anyone know what to do?

I’ve now got the stream, with this configuration:
rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

But I still need to detect motion and send an alarm to my cell phone…

1 Like

Hi, i’m pretty much in the same situation, i’m looking the way to use the cover shield with automation in order to keep privacy, but no luck finding information on internet about IMOU ranger 2 and home assistant.

here is how i have the camera on my configuration.yaml

camera:
  - platform: onvif
    host: 192.168.1.xx
    username: !secret camera_user
    password: !secret camera_password
    name: "Camera"
    port: 80
1 Like

Any luck controlling the camera from Home Assistant? I never could move / use the cover shield

Did you find anything? I’m trying to get IMOU Cue 2 working. It works with the RTSP stream but no still image found…

Did anyone find the still_image_url? :frowning:

I don’t have this camera myself (but considering a purchase).
I have found suggestions of these URL’s for still image:
http://admin:[email protected]/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?1
http://admin:[email protected]/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?loginuse=admin&loginpas=admin

Would be great if someone could test and report back before I order one of these cameras… :slight_smile:

hello! sorry i’m new to this system, i come from Openhab…i’m trying to add my imou webcams, but i don’t know where to put your code. can you guide me step by step where to insert the code and try to make my cam run ?

thanks!

Check the camera related integrations, if one of them supports your cameras. FFMPEG and ONVIF are good candidates.

Better with ONVIF, it’s the way I configure it.

Configuration - integrations - new integration - onvif

You need to know:
IP (192.168…)
Password
Port

Perfect! That’s what i needed! It works!

1 Like

Hi, can you share your stream url, i cant get mine to work.
Do you know the default user/pasw to be used for the cams?

Not a URL, I use the ONVIF integration, and it discovers the IP automatically, so it’s basically to go to configuration - Integrations - ONVIF and select the Imou (called Lechange for me) and clic OK.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Do you have motion detection in HA from this cams?

Thanks

Not on HA, just in the camera app.
For now I don’t have a PTZ control on HA or anything but the video itself

Hi,
with the Imou Looc v.2 the binary_sensor motion alarm was created by the ONVIF integration but it is not working…no motion alarm.
Any suggestion on how to fix it?

Check camera setting, i belive motion detection not configured

I have not got IMOU camera’s, but they are made by Dahua if I recall and Dahua needs to have the IVS setting turned on in order to activate motion events over ONVIF.
In the Dahua firmware it had a weird setting name called in Settings called Event → Smart Plan, even though it was not a plan of any type.

1 Like

There’s a new Dahua integration (on HACS) and they are working in motion detection / PTZ controls for Imou cameras.
It’s not completed, but stay alert and try to follow the thread

In: issues / Support for Imou Ranger
Cheers

Hello, I have an Imou Bullet 2C camera, I manage to configure it on ONVIF from Home Assistant (LECHANGE also) but I don’t have a video stream.
I put my Ip address: 192.168.1.xxx port 80 and I tried with the password on the app and the one on the camera, unfortunately no video stream. Can you help me please? Thank you