Implementation of Aqua Temp controlle

Hi,
I’am new to custom components in HA. I have installed the Aque Temp controller component. It works but I have only 1 entity called AquaTemp, it is a Climate control. So I can see and control the basic Temperature. But I have no other info like inlet/outlet Temp, Power of online status.

How can I had those extra parameters as also shown in these comments above ?

Ha Ha, Obviously a stupid question for us noob’s - I asked the same and got ignored…
I found it by adding a single “entity” card and on the dialog the third box down shows attributes
I never worked out how to add multiple through the “Entitities” card but imagine its achieved through YAML. Be nice if someone shared that information.

Jo, Thanks !!!
One entity worked by selecting the attribute as you have shown. In a entity list card (more entities on 1 card) you can edit the YAML to set the attributes, and they all display on that card.

Thanks thats what I needed.

Has anyone used this successfully for the chlorsync (salt generator)?

I have installed the component and i am getting the following:

2022-06-20 12:48:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up aquatemp platform for climate
  File "/config/custom_components/aquatemp/climate.py", line 33, in setup_platform
  File "/config/custom_components/aquatemp/climate.py", line 64, in __init__
  File "/config/custom_components/aquatemp/climate.py", line 310, in login

Hi,
My Wifi connection was gone, or the AquaTemp controller was not connected anymore (OFFLINE Status in Home Assistant). So I reset my configuration on the AquaTemp by pressing the button > 1s. Config Light is on but the SMART_AP_xxxxx is not showing up anymore.

Has anybody had this same issue, and better how do I fix this ??

Thanks

Hi,
I’ve had the same problem. I had to power off the Aqua Temp controller and power it again. Then putt it again in config mode by pressing the button > 1s and the accesspoint was again available for pairing.

Thanks that did the trick !
I needed to wait more than 20sec before the wifi Module also was powered down after I disabled the power of the heatpump.

Hi all,

My AquaTemp is going OFFLINE every I think 24h or so :unamused:. When I power it down/up it functions again for I thing about a day, but I did not time it yet. Happend over more than a week now, that it keeps dropping off. The AquaTemp App also says that the device is OFFLINE ?

Any clue’s, could it be that the Wifi is not strong enough ? But when I am standing with my phone next to the unit, I have very good wifi.

Not a real Homeassistent problem, so sorry to be bugging you guy’s… but there is so little support out there for this kind of Wifi Unit and app, it is realy :dizzy_face:

Thanks for any tips !

I have only had my AquaTemp for about two weeks, but I experience the same pattern of disconnect - any known solutions?

I cannot get the radical-squared/aquatemp custom component to work. I’m running home assistant os on a VM. I have copied the files into the custom_components folder and added the required things to my configuration.yaml. Upon restart of home assistant, no new devices are added. What am I doing wrong?

I installed this today. I don’t see any new devices, but you should see an entity called Climate.aquatemp I think. This is all that you will see added in the settings screens. All the other properties discussed are attributes of the entity state.

Hope that helps

Hi, was there any reply or solution to your question on Aquatemp for the disconnection lost to App?

Hey @dst6se , I am using the HiTemp app as I have a Hot Water Heat Pump using the same chipset. Could this possibly work for that as well?

For me it was related to a bad wifi extender.
And I needed to power off the Aqua Temp wifi module and power it again.

Is there a difference with the AquaTemp app? Any advantages?

Hi Paul, did you manage to get Home Assistant working with the HiTemp app? I’m thinking of going in the same direction to control my hot water via HiTemp. Any luck??

Hi @carda21 I’ve spent the last 24hrs playing around with the AquaTemp integration (thanks @sickidolderivative) and I was able to get my Hot Water Heat Pump (EvoHeat) working with the HiTemp app as all the basics are the same. Seems to work very well, the only issue I had was the existing code would not extract the “Device Code” which I have altered in the climate.py file for now. The device code is the code top left in the HiTemp App.

1 Like

Hi,

The implementation works great, thanks!

Did anyone manage to fix the frequent (~/24h) disconnects of the heat pump HF-LPT230 wifi module? It has to be reconnected by resetting the wifi on the pump everytime…extremely annoying.

Or has anyone managed to read out the RS485/Modbus from the heatpump directly?

Hello everyone, I installed the aquatemp application and I get the results.

On the other hand I do not have an entity should I use node red to obtain this information?

Thank you for your help