I’m looking for a graphing solution that is a bit more flexible than the HA built in.
(e.g. will not necessarily group all sensors with same units… I have a lot of % sensors and that visualisation is a mess)
Supported options that I am looking at are InfluxDB with Grafana and Prometheus.
I am trying to establish the pro/cons of these two for home assistant.
I have see various good comparisons - e.g. here: https://www.loomsystems.com/blog/single-post/2017/06/07/prometheus-vs-grafana-vs-graphite-a-feature-comparison
Here are my thoughts.
InfluxDB with Grafana
- +Seems to be more popular based on posts I have seen on the forum. Could be influenced by my initial pref for this option…
- +Supported by hass.io addons from the community
- -Requires two third party applications - DB and visualization - more to install, configure and to go wrong
- ?Data pushed to influxDB
- +Possibly better/more flexible visualisations
- +Requires one 3rd application - less to go wrong
- ?Seems to be more focused on system parameter visualisation
- ?Data is pulled from HA
Right now I don’t see a clear winner, and would value the community’s input…
- InfluxDB & Grafana
if you vote please drop a note to expand why…