Infrared Control

Hii @Infiniti

but what about this https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/broadlink/ . I guess this component supports the RM Mini devices for home assistant

Sounds really good. I just ordered one for myself. Sadly it’s only avaliable to order from China it seems :frowning: My country’s (Sweden) postal service adds a pretty hefty fee for handling Chinese packages… but the device itself was pretty cheap so it’s still worth it if it works as well as you say :slight_smile:

Did any of you get the Xiaomi Mijia IR remotes working? I just ordered one based on the discussion and was wondering if I could get a few tips or how-to links that worked before it gets here. Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I also wanted some ir controllers to control from HA.
Xiaomi Mijia IR works without a gateway? Also how will I retrieve token without a gateway?

For info the AVATTO S06 / BAKEEYcan be flashed with another firmware:

So no need now, to prototype for having an infrared gateway fully controlled!

Hello. I had bought a similar unbranded product and I tried to flash it with tuya-convert unsuccessfully. Do Have you managed to flash it this way or soldering is the only option? (anykind of hint would be appreciated!)

This one (AVATTO S06 / BAKEEY) does not work with tuya-convert (newest firmware), I had to solder. Yours looks the same.

Thanks @francisp for the reply and sorry for asking again. When I opened the case, the circuits look a bit different. I don’t know if this is the correct forum to ask for help, but would anyone help me with wiring?
Thank you!

2 Likes

Morning folks, are people still having problems getting the Broadcom integrated in Hass or is that a resolved issue? Looking around for the Xiaomi, its not on their website anymore and suppliers are scarce, did they discontinue it? Any other good local non solder options for IR popping up?

Are there any dirt cheap, basic ones of these out there? I just want to turn on my ST50 Panasonic Television (wake on lan does NOT work for this model, even via Eth - after years of googling, it’s just not possible)

I had the same issue with my GT60. Ended up with the Mijia from Aliexpress. It’s been working perfectly since day one.

Broadlink works great now - it did have trouble in 2020 before the integration was upgraded thanks to the great work of the maintainers. You don’t even need the Broadlink app at all, there’s a python script to first configure the transmitters.

I have three RM 3 minis in 3 different rooms (the red kind), working very reliably.

4 Likes

I bought the RM4 mini and the app is complete junk. Various sets of instructions on the website, in the pamphlet that comes with it, and in the app itself all inconsistent and none of it worked. It might work great with HA after you get it connected to wifi but I am returning mine and looking for something different.

You don’t need the app for anything but connecting it to your network. I’ve had one since I started with HA more than 2 years ago and have had no problems with it. I think the hardware is solid and there aren’t many other options. Just saying that you might be getting stuck on something that’s not really important but, of course, it’s your decision.

Can you take advantage of the Broadlink IR library when integrating with HA or is it necessary to enter each key with it;s associated command?

FYI for people who want to buy the AVATTO S06:

I received my AVATTO S06 yesterday and when I opened it I found that it shipped with the WB3S chip and not the TYWE3S. I guess I will have to do a transplant with an ESP-12 chip.

Sure, see here: can you help me with scheme of this broadlink? · Issue #2 · chaeplin/rm-mini3-to-esp8266 · GitHub

1 Like

Recently moved from tasmota to esphome for the d1-mini connected to the broadlink led-board … happy with it. Can easily send/receive different ir protocols and send certain commands multiple times for a button press.

Config sample:

button:
  - name: "On/Off Screen"
    platform: template
    on_press:
      - remote_transmitter.transmit_rc6:
          address: 0x00
          command: 0x0C
          repeat: 1
  - name: "On/Off STB"
    on_press:
      - remote_transmitter.transmit_pronto:
          data: 0000 006D 0011 0000 000C 0018 0019 0018 000C 000A 001B 0018 0019 0018 000C 000A 000F 000A 000F 000A 000F 000A 000F 000A 001A 0019 000C 000A 000E 000C 001A 0018 0019 000A 000F 0018 000C 06C3
  - name: "On/Off Audio"
    on_press:
      - remote_transmitter.transmit_rc6:
          address: 0x10
          command: 0x0C
          repeat: 2

Found someone doing this with different hardware: