Infrastructure, cabling & design

If you’re retrofitting an old house and can do it, I suggest the biggest/deepest electrical boxes you can manage for all the switches and maybe the outlets. That’s my constant struggle - fitting the slightly bigger smart switches into old small boxes.

We were going to start with the utility connections this month but everything has now been delayed. Breaking ground for the excavation was expected to be around Aug but all is in the air at the moment. It’s all fine though and I’m appreciating having extra time to plan stuff. I also built my current house approx 4years ago and the idea of going through it all again so soon is slightly daunting.
Also I’m unlikely to have the time to programme the electric side of things myself so looking to hire an electrician/Loxone installer to get the basics up and running.
I may tap the forum for anyone who may know someone good in London.
Loxone have also stopped selling directly to the public so that is another issue to deal with, they have gone installer only. Im glad I purchased a lot of the hardware early as it’s given me the opportunity to test 3rd party hardware alongside and I’ll be able to direct the installer better as with all the quotes so far, even though I’ve stipulated DMX lighting for example, they have quoted full Loxone only. Not helpful.
What are you working on?

1 Like

@lessmann Interesting that someone would respond to a specific request for a quote and not include the gear requested? “Not very helpful” is a fairly mild observation. Are there many contractors (who know the gear you want to use) to choose from in and around London?

I’ve been busy on three projects recently: Started with tidying up the solids removal and bio-filtration section of my water treatment. Then a major cleanup of the buildup of solids in the deep end of the pond. And finally a tube type and floating raft aquaponic setup. The edible results from the effort have been very encouraging!

1 Like

Hey, i know this is an old post but could you tell me how you are using the unipi v1.1 in homeassistant? I’ve been trying to get it to work for the last couple of days but nothing seems to be working.