Inkbird Integration: Add WiFi devices Support

Hi, I buy a ICC-800-WIFI, but no integration with HA. If someone has an idea or an example with tuya. Thanks

You have to check the DP ID in the Tuya IoT platform and insert them manually in the Local Tuya integration.
Follow this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWfjargTpA&t=591s

+1 for wifi inkbird devices for the inkbird integration.
Glad I googled before purchasing the inkbird device,

Which device? I have Inkbird IBBQ 4-T and it works perfectly. I will note I use localtuya

I am wondering why it doesn’t work.
HA recognizes it but shows device as “off”, with the card opening the temp control interface.

What I need is the Temperature value that I also get through Tuya IoT

Time Device Event DP ID Event Details Source Source Details
2023-11-14 10:27:08 Report Current Temperature F 51.60℉ device itself

How to change the attribute to temp value, instead of “on/off status”?

The device can be perfectly controlled over Alexa and Smart Home App

Not sure what’s happening or how to fix, but I added 1 of the ITC-308-WIFI back in January which works well and populates as a Thermostat with temperature values, I just added another 2, but these don’t show up as a Thermostat with temperature values, its a but confusing why the first one worked and the 2 new ones doesn’t, pics attached.

Not sure if it’s relevant, but the initial device seems to be a bit different.

Initial Device:
Main Module: V3.1.4
MCU Module: V1.0.0

New Devices:
Main Module: V2.5.2
MCU Module: V1.0.0

1 Like

FYI, for anyone interested, the Moes WTP-YC-US2-BK-MS, linked below, integrates and works as intended, giving you Temp and 2 Switches.

MOES Smart WiFi Cooling Heating Thermostat Outlet, Tuya Digital Temperature Controller Sensor Plug for Reptile Fermenter Brewing Breeding Heat Mat, Smart Life Remote Control, -22-221℉,10A 1250W https://a.co/d/8Su2KEX

I’m at this point too. I have 2x older ITC-308WIFI on main module version V3.1.3 which work with the Tuya IOT integration, I’ve recently bought 2 more ITC-308WIFI devices and they are both on V2.5.2. I have flicked the auto update but nothing has changed in the last week.
On the Tuya IOT development portal it groups the V3.1.3 and V2.5.2, I’ve even gone down the line of adding another project to separate them old and new controllers which has not worked. I am able to control all 4 devices from the Tuya IOT portal with no issues.

I’m beginning to think it’s time to tasmotise

I ended up returning 6 units today, because Inkbird Support responded with “Sorry, the firmware cannot be updated. It does not affect use”, this is a bit disappointing, as I have another 21 in service ATM.

Anyone working on an Inkbird HA integration?

You mean this?

Perhaps not because that is Bluetooth, but you should be specific in your statement.

Is anyone working on the InkBird integration to support Wi-Fi enabled InkBird devices?

2 Likes

@Coolie1101
Do we have to go through the whole Tuya registering hassle to use this? I would like to completely avoid their cloud service, if possible, even altogether, i.e. not even using it one time.

1 Like

Not sure what hassle you’re referring to, but yes, I currently have them integrated via the Tuya App “Cloud” service, i haven’t had much time to explore the local integration, but plan to at some point over the holidays.

Well, I found it quite complex registering at Tuya, setting up all that developer’s stuff etc., just to RC a device via their cloud. And I find their cloud services suspicious, too. :wink:

1 Like

Mine doesn’t even works well with tuya, gives me a negative number for probe 1 temp and no temps for all other probes.

I don’t understant what Tuya is or how it’s supposed to help. I tried installing the Tuya Smart app and selected Try as Guest. But to add any devices, it wants me to select from a list of devices that are not the Inkbird. Is it a sensor or a plug or a socket or power strip? Also to add a device you have pair it with the app and I already have it paired with the Inkbird app. Also, I don’t understand how I can pair a device from one manufacturer with the app of another. Can someone please explain the big picture here of how and where Tuya fits in all this?