Input_number Broken. Doesn´t change state!

The automation is in Node Red. But still Node red doesn´t even acknowledge any state change.
And the History for the input_numbers don´t change either.

Nah dude, his input_numbers are busted. He cant even change their state y puling the slider in the front end.

1 Like

CTRL+F5 on the page, seems like it’s pointing to the wrong resource.

Nope tried that also over 1000 times already…

Someone may know which .storage file to rename (like a reversible delete, as a test). I don’t use them so I don’t have that file.

open up dev tools (F12 chrome), ctrl+f5 on the page, what errors do you see?

I see this in the Console

That’s all custom stuff, nothing when you move the slider in a non-custom HA UI item? Like the more-info page on a light with a brightness slider

Sadly can´t find anything related :frowning:

I’ve done searches throughout my config and the only files with references to input_* are core.entity_registry and core.restore state. Neither of these will impact the behavior in the UI.

@DanielTy not sure what to to tell you. Are you running just HA Core?

Home Assistant Supervised for Intel NUC newest version

I’ve tested some of my input_numbers and they are significantly delayed in the UI when changing them.
Anywhere from 5-60 seconds to update. Seems like something is definitely wonky. When I move the slider the whole web UI locks up as well.

Hmm, I got rid of all mine because they suck on touchscreens.

EDIT: Just used a bunch of my sliders lights in the states page and they all behave as one would expect. On 109.6

I am on 109.6 too but the issue accured about after 10.4 I think

Odd from the states tab they work properly. Wondering if there’s a hui card issue, sometimes the input_* items come up with the red error boxes for me.

Hey yeah! It works when I change the state from the State Menu but doesn´t when I do it with the UI !!!

That’s odd, they’d typically reuse that resource between the two. Anyways, sounds like a viable bug. They have been making a ton of frontend changes.

I am fighting with the same issue. Nothing helped so far. Are there any news regarding this issue? I am running the latest version.

I removed some 30+ input_number entities I was no longer using and now my UI responds properly again. I also cleaned the from my entities list.

Sadly Home Assistant died gradually after the post I made, it is completely unusable(components never loading, node red, not communicating, buttons not doing anything and so on), when I will have the time I will start from scratch as Backups don´t do ANYTHING they just change the components and configuration but not home assistant itself, even with wipe and restore and checking the checkbox for Home assistant.
I don´t know what has caused this :confused:
So yeah I couldn´t solve the problem, sorry