I’m new to this community and also to HA (Home Assistant) and Smart Home (SH) at all. I plan to build up a new house in Germany for my family and me in the next year. I would like to determine if HA is the best platform for me to start planning.
Here are my topics I want to cover with HA.
- Stand alone system which is able to run without any external server
- External connectivity via Smartphone should be available. In the best case via Apples HomeKit. This should be an add on, but doesn’t override point 1.)
- I want to mix up wired (LAN / Buses for sockets, Kameras, smoke detectors etc.) and wireless (Zigbee, WiFi, Thread for HomePod, Fridge, Lights etc.) technologies
- My access point should support matter for interoperability reasons
- I plan a whole SH system and also want to be prepared to add gadgets for example in my garden with a poor wireless connectivity => The system must be resizable via wire, not only wireless
- I want to be prepared to add more than one LAN <=> Radio gateway
- I would like to use an Raspberry Pi 4 for my SH central device
- I like the wired HomeMatic System (RaspberryMatic) and would like to integrate this into my system
There are a lot of topics I have in my mind. Some of these questions are already answered in the documentation, but I’m interested, if also the conglomeration of all topics is feasible.