Install Home Assistant Core failure when running hass

Having given up on VB I’ve had a crack at doing an “Install HomeAssistant Core” on Debian 10 Buster. Everyting looked fine until I get to the last command, which is to run hass. The errors I get are:

(homeassistant) homeassistant@Novamill:/srv/homeassistant$ hass
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/bin/hass", line 10, in <module> sys.exit(main())
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 278, in main args = get_arguments()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 60, in get_arguments
    import homeassistant.config as config_util
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config.py", line 52, in <module>
    import homeassistant.helpers.config_validation as cv
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 85, in <module>
    from homeassistant.helpers import (
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script_variables.py", line 6, in <module>
    from . import template
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/template.py", line 19, in <module>
    from jinja2 import contextfilter, contextfunction
ImportError: cannot import name 'contextfilter' from 'jinja2' (/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/jinja2/__init__.py)

So no help from anyone?
Not being able to turn on our porch lights is getting be a big deal this time of year :frowning:

I ran into the same problem when I tried to install the latest version of Home Assistant on ReSpeaker Core v2, but I failed. I need the Home Assistant to be installed in Debian 10, and not in Docker. As it turned out, the latest versions of Home Assistant require rustic version 1.48.0 and python 3.10 to run. I had to install Home Assistant 2021.1.5 whose packages meet the requirements of ReSpeaker Core v2 with Debian 10.

Install the packages and Home Assistant will start

pip install Jinja2==2.11.2