Installation of DSM Integration fails

This is what solved it for me, took me a while to find this block list

3 Likes

I was having a lot of trouble getting this integration to work and stumbled across this threat. For me, the issue was a firewall that I had between my Home Assistant and my Synology box. They were on separate VLANs with a firewall between them, and I forgot to allow 5001 from Home Assistant to the Synology. Just thought I’d mention it here in case someone else may have overlooked this too…

OK posting here as well. I will look at the auto block list HOWEVER. I have one docker container with 6.2022 in it and it works fine. Exact same setup for the docker container for 7.2022 and it cannot discover/failed to connect DSM. Running 6.2.3 DSM…

Hello,

Is this integration compatible with versión 7.1? With versión 7.0 is working without any problem, but updated my dsm and isn’t working anymore.
Deleted core.config_entries, DSM is autodetected, core.config_entries is generated with the correct info, service notification button test become green, but the integration show this error “{‘message’: ‘Failed to check new dsm from server.’”

Thanks

Just a follow up on this issue. Maybe this will help.
I was having these same issues, specifically when trying to use the hostname of the NAS.
A ping from my computer revealed that it is fully qualified as “HostName.LocalDomain”
When I entered that into the integration, it was able to connect.
I know there are more issues listed in the thread, but this might help some people.

Hello all

Any update on this issue?
I was able to get the integration running but after a few hours it fails and can’t get it running again

Any help, please?

Thanks

Please check above: Armin’s solution worked for me!

I had the same problem:

{‘api’: ‘SYNO.Core.System.Utilization’, ‘code’: 105, ‘reason’: ‘Insufficient user privilege’, ‘details’: None}

DSM 7.1.1.

In my case the solution was to add user that was created to administrators group in DSM: