Installation of Hassio on Synology NAS

Tested last weekend and moved my whole setup to this installation.

Works great!

1 Like

I’m currently running HA in docker. Did you have to remove the docker container before moving to the new one Fredrik made?

You don’t need to remove it, just stopping it should be enough.
I’m actually running both in parallel as I’ve not had time to migrate everything over to the hassio version.

Mine was running on a PI, going to deactivate that one today.
On the NAS I didnt had much running in the other docker so started fresh with the package of @fredrike

@Timx would this be easier to understand?

1 Like

That’s good to me.

Yes looking good :slight_smile:

Ok, we have a new release of the Synology package.

(The only changes are the install dialog so if you are running the previous versions and are happy with that don’t bother with this release)

4 Likes

I met with a mistake in Hassio,how to fix it?
19-07-10 05:17:30 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Introspect org.freedesktop.systemd1 on /org/freedesktop/systemd1
19-07-10 05:17:31 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] DBus return error: b’Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.systemd1 was not provided by any .service files\n’
19-07-10 05:17:31 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.dbus.systemd] Can’t connect to systemd
19-07-10 05:17:31 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Introspect org.freedesktop.hostname1 on /org/freedesktop/hostname1
19-07-10 05:17:31 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] DBus return error: b’Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.hostname1 was not provided by any .service files\n’
19-07-10 05:17:31 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.dbus.hostname] Can’t connect to hostname
19-07-10 05:17:31 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Introspect de.pengutronix.rauc on /
19-07-10 05:17:31 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] DBus return error: b’Error: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name de.pengutronix.rauc was not provided by any .service files\n’
19-07-10 05:17:31 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.dbus.rauc] Can’t connect to rauc

I managed to install Hassio on my NAS, thanks for the package :slightly_smiling_face:!

I have 1 problem dont know if it is related to hassio docker or some thing else, as soon i enter device tracker:

device_tracker:
-platform: nmap_tracker
hosts: 192.168.11.0/24
home_interval: 10
exclude:

it does add devices to my known_devices.yaml

It hangs my nas from accessing, i need to restart my PC before i can enter Hassio or my NAS via web browser, any ideas?

thanks

If Hassio releases a new version will that work without a new package?

btw: still running very smooth

Yes. As that will update the docker image.

2 Likes

Great! Can I suggest you to add this image to synocommunity repository? (just to expand visibility)

I posted in the other thread too, but is anyone having issues running any of the add ons? Motioneye works fine, but nodeRED won’t start up.

VScode worked, but it got an update now it cant start anymore

I found out that Nodered won’t start if my zigbee2mqtt usb stick is pluged in the synology nas. When i remove the stick, then start Nodered, it works. Then i have to replug the stick & restart zigbee2mqtt container…

Ok, that’s odd. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll see if it’s my HUSBZB stick preventing it from starting. I don’t think it is in my case though, when I go to docker via the DSM login and try start it up it just says image doesn’t exist. When I go to the images it is actually there, so I don’t know what that’s about.

Can't start addon_a0d7b954_vscode: 404 Client Error: Not Found ("linux runtime spec devices: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_USBDevice_ffffffd1ffffffb2ffffffdbffffffad-if00": lstat /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_USBDevice_ffffffd1ffffffb2ffffffdbffffffad-if00: no such file or directory")

I have the same issue i think because my zwave USB is plugged in?

Yes it looks like the same error i have with my zigbee2mqtt usb stick plugged in. Did you try to start without it?

NB : before moving to hassio, I used classic docker containers for add-ons such as nodered, and it started ok even with the stick plugged in

I don’t have a zigbee nor z-wave stick so I can’t debug this but it seems like there is an issue with the addons if you have an USB stick. Please check in the hassio-addons channel on discord, perhaps someone there can help you with this kind of issues (I don’t think it is Synology related).