Installing Home Assistant OS using Proxmox 8

I included a choice within the β€œAdvanced” settings to configure the disk cache between none (default) or Write Through.

Awesome! Any thoughts on adding the two packages to InfluxDB?

" Which storage pool you would like to use for the HAOS VM?"

I couldnt go further :frowning:

spacebar = select

omg :)) thank you very much

1 Like

Had a simular problem (the same sympthoms) after upgrading to proxmox 7.3 . Non of the VM-s started, they were stuck in a loop. Tried creating a new VM for HA with the same result.
I managet to solve the problem by setting the processor type of the virtual machines from the default to HOST. (Hardware>Processors - edit and set type to HOST the default i think was KVM or QEMU).
After setting all of my VM-s to this processor type all started again.

1 Like

Is it helpful to include that option in the installation script (CPU Model)?

Edit: I included a choice within the β€œAdvanced” settings to configure the CPU model between kvm64 (default) or host.

@tteck Using your new script with the CPU model and disk caching option. Awesome! Did you remove the network IP config option in advanced? Just ran through an install and for the life of me I didn’t see the option anymore…really need to set a static IP.

Also, under what circumstances is setting the host CPU type advisable?

Assigning a static IP address is not possible with the script as it would not work correctly (has never had that option). Instead, you can reserve the IP address in your router, use a previously reserved MAC address, or set a static IP within Home Assistant to establish a specific IP address.

Also, under what circumstances is setting the host CPU type advisable?

Did you ever get a true resolution to this issue? I was having a similar issue on my N5105 based installation with constant crashes and similar screens in the shell to what you posted. I moved my installation to a recycled i7-8400 platform with double the RAM and while it hasn’t crashed, it is now starting to show similar RAM creep on at the VM level, but not in the HAOS dashboard.

Current install
Proxmox 7.3.6
Linux 5.15.74-1-pve
i7-8400
32GB RAM
Single 512GB SSD EXT4 for Proxmox and backups
Dual 512 GB NVME ZFS mirror for VMs

When I moved machines from my N5105 I stood a fresh VM from track’s script and then restored the HAOS data, stripping out basically every add-on I had running and starting with the bare minimum to try and locate the source of the issue. But the issue remains, high RAM β€˜usage’ on the Proxmox VM but none of the add-ons or HAOS indicate they are us much RAM at all in the dashboard.

What is confusing is that I have (2) other VMs/LXC running on the same host at this time and they show minimal RAM usage. But now on two back to back hosts I am seeing this behavior on an HAOS VM.

Any thoughts or feedback would be welcome.

I just replied to someone else from an older post about the memory / RAM issues they were experiencing, but I too am experiencing the same behavior you are describing. Did you ever find a solution? The details of my situation should be immediately before this post in a reply to someone else.

Hello. Yes, all problems were gone after I had switched to Kernel version 6.

Thanks for the response. Can I assume you used the instructions in this article that tteck linked?

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/opt-in-linux-6-1-kernel-for-proxmox-ve-7-x-available.119483/

1 Like

Thanks for tha walk through. Just installed and worked first time, no IP clash, as I did before looking at other tutorials. THanks!

I’ve just installed prior to the installation 4gb ram, so now should have 8. In the HA summery, it states only 4gb. I know I can adjust this in Proxmox but do you know if I need to adjust the NUC settings to increase RAM? I thought it would be just detected?

EDIT:

On another note, not one add-on will start. For example, if I go onto ESPhome, there is a red dot in the top right corner, if I press β€˜start’ nothing happens.

Hi all,

I installed HA using this script a while back and all has been great but wondering if anyone here can direct me to the correct thread/post to help clear up my HA Storage. I haven’t been able to find a Proxmox HA OS specific guide or similar to do this.

I’ve tried a few other suggestions without luck but have managed to access the host system via SSH and found the culprit /dev/sda8

Any assistance in clearing this up or directing me to the correct thread/post would really help.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Try

cd /
du -d 1|sort -n
1 Like

Hi everyone,

I just installed Proxmox on a new mini PC. I got a local proxmox up and running. I can reach it thru a web browser. Unfortunately nothing seems to work in point 2 and point 3.

root@proxmox:~# bash -c β€œ$(wget -qLO - https://github.com/tteck/Proxmox/raw/main/vm/haos-vm.sh)”
root@proxmox:~#

Can someone help please?

seems like DNS failure, can you reach ftp.de.debian.org, in your browser ?
if you can from another device, the failure is on your proxmox host …
then try to ping the same from your console in proxmox