Installing Home Assistant OS using Proxmox 8

That is normal.

New feature in Proxmox VE 7 Post Install

• If an Intel N-series processor is detected, the script provides options to install both the Proxmox 6.2 kernel and the Intel microcode. and using PVE7, recommend using PVE8
4 Likes

Hi, summary below, but the IP I’m seeing is 172.30.232.1 which isn’t on my IoT VLAN of 30.

If I click more I get this, which doesn’t have any IP address that is familar to me.

Sorry for multiple posts but as a new user I’m still limited to one pic per post

That looks like the Docker address.

How does stuff on the iot network get its ip? Is there a dhcp server?

Yep, everything on my IoT network is running fine. Gateway is 192.168.30.1/24. Just can’t seem to get my HA VM on proxmox to connect to that.

I just learned some ipv6 stuff. An address starting fe80: is a link local address. Look at your dhcp server’s log.

That doesn’t help unfortunately. I’m on Unifi and I get a full list of clients by mac address and nothing is showing up there.

By way of an experiment I ran the script using the default values to create a HA instance on my default network - worked like a charm, instant IP address in the right network and showing up in Unifi. So I guess something is wrong with my Proxmox setup or with my Unifi settings.

This is THE BEST thing I saw today on the internet :heart:
Thank you!

New feature in Proxmox VE 7 Post Install
In a non-clustered environment, you can choose to disable high availability, which helps save system resources.

2 Likes

Hi All, any help would be most welcome. I cannot get my home assistant vm to connect over VLAN. I can ping the gateways for the default network and the VLAN I want HA to sit in from the Proxmox shell. If I create the VM using the script and include the VLAN tag it gets no IP address. If I remove the VLAN tag from the hardware pane of the VM then it immediately gets an IP on the default network. Any thoughts please?

So turns out I had manged to mis-configure the VLAN tag in Unifi to 29. As everything else was connecting via wifi the APs were stripping the VLAN tag so it didn’t matter. Trick was physically connecting a laptop to the offending port and realising that wasn’t connecting either, meaning the problem was in Unifi not Proxmox.

1 Like

Anyone know how to get rid of these errors in HA log? I tried to set up Let’s Encrypt SSL according this site, but my router doesn’t support redirecting to local domain name.

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: py.warnings
Source: custom_components/proxmoxve/coordinator.py:72
Integration: Proxmox VE (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:17:12 (25 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:41:16

/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:1056: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made to host '192.168.1.125'. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/1.26.x/advanced-usage.html#ssl-warnings warnings.warn(

Its a custom component, ask on their github.

Also there is a built in integration for proxmox, not sure what the difference is with the custom one.

Also this thread is not about the integration.

2 Likes

The Proxmox VE Post Install script is now compatible with both Proxmox Virtual Environment 7 (PVE7) and Proxmox Virtual Environment 8 (PVE8).

8 Likes

Morning all,

I have tried running the script this morning but keep getting this error, does not matter whether I use default or advanced.
Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

In your case a stray vm-103-disk-0

Sorry TTeck,

Unless there are hidden ones, all I have under the list of vms is the following.
Also, under the local-vms the only one I have listed is ID 101

Simon

When installing, opt for the Advanced settings and specify a new VMID, such as 110.